Protege-4.3 for OSX damaged?

Geoff Ellis
Just downloaded Protege-4.3 for OSX, unzipped and tried to run, but says “Protege-4.3.app is damaged and can’t be opened"

Re: Protege-4.3 for OSX damaged?

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Hello Geoff,

There's a note on our download page regarding this error message:

Note to users of Mac OS X 10.7.5 and above: The default Gatekeeper
settings for Mountain Lion are to only allow application downloads from
the Mac App Store and identified developers. The Protege software does
not carry "identified developer" status, and you may see an error when
attempting to download that the installer file is "damaged and can't be
opened". To successfully download the installer file, navigate to Apple
menu | System Preferences... | Security & Privacy | General tab, and
select "Anywhere" from "Allow applications downloaded from".

Did you look at your Gatekeeper settings?  Also, just to clarify - what
version of OSX are you using?  And which of the 3 download options were
you attempting?  The platform independent installer program, ZIP file,
or OSX app bundle?

Jennifer

On 12/3/2013 4:26 PM, Geoff Ellis wrote:
> Just downloaded Protege-4.3 for OSX, unzipped and tried to run, but says “Protege-4.3.app is damaged and can’t be opened"

Re: Protege-4.3 for OSX damaged?

Geoff Ellis
Hi Jennifer

Sorry I didn’t see the information abut this on the download page.  I am used to ‘permission’ errors where I have to adjust the security setting (as you describe) but I’ve never got a ‘damaged’ error message before!  Fixed now  :-)

Thanks for your help
Geoff