Protege 4.3

Ali Farghaly
Hello:

I have installed both Protégé 3.5 and Protégé 4.3.

In Protégé 3.5 there is a command to run Protégé server but I could not find  such a command in Protégé 4.3.

I understand that both allow collaborative development  but I am not sure how to run Protégé 4.3 server and create users and assign passwords.

Any input  is greatly appreciated.

Ali Farghaly

Re: Protege 4.3

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Hello Ali,

On 8/7/2013 7:59 AM, Ali Farghaly wrote:
> In Protégé 3.5 there is a command to run Protégé server but I could
> not find  such a command in Protégé 4.3.

We're working on client-server support in Protege 4.3, but we haven't
formally released anything yet.  There's a page on our wiki for
developers that are interested in experimenting with the new functionality:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_4_Development_Environment

I don't have an exact date for when we'll release a build with
client-server support, but we're close.

If you want to do collaborative ontology development now, you should
look at WebProtege:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtege

Jennifer