Protege 4: RDF/XML or OWL/XML most stable?

Protege 4: RDF/XML or OWL/XML most stable?

BassMan123
With Protege 4, which is the most stable/tested: RDF/XML or OWL/XML?

Maybe it was a fluke, but during some at-home testing (before using at work), I saved a rather simple OWL/XML file from Protege 4, only to find that Protege 4 couldn't later read the file (the XML formatting was in error).

I'd saved/loaded/modified the same (very simple) file several times previously. It *may* have been one of the plugins I added (matrix, etc.), or maybe in playing with the views I encountered a "bug", but I'm a little worried about file-corruption when I do "real work".

Re: Protege 4: RDF/XML or OWL/XML most stable?

Nick Drummond
Hi,

Please consider rdf/xml your working syntax. This is used much more heavilly than the other syntaxes.

I tried to open your ontology pointed to in the last email but could resolve the URL.

None of the views should change loading/saving of ontologies in practice (unless they are being very bad).

Nick