Quantcast

Protege 5.0.0 Release Candidate 1 Available

Protege 5.0.0 Release Candidate 1 Available

Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the availability of Protege 5.0.0 Release Candidate 1.  You can download this release from our website:

A list of changes from 5.0.0 Beta-24 is included below.

As usual we’d like to thank the community for their suggestions for new features and bug reports.   Finally, we would very much appreciate feedback on this release candidate.  Issues can be reported on the Protege mailing list or via the Protege Github issue tracker.

Matthew Horridge
On behalf of the Protege Team

Protégé 5.0.0 RC1

This release candidate provides mainly bug fixes and some minor functionality enhancements.

New functionality

Bug Fixes

  • Altered the column sizes in the About window to make it more readable (protegeproject/protege#390)
  • Fixed a problem with drag and drop where direct subclasses of owl:Thing that did not have explicit subclass axioms could not be dragged from under owl:Thing (protegeproject/protege#387)
  • Updated the OWL API to 4.2.3 (protegeproject/protege#393). This fixes a bug where axiom annotations on rule would be deleted if the signature of the rule was changed during a rename operation in Protege. and protegeproject/protege#371. It also fixes a bug where a runtime exception could be thrown during ontology parsing if the ontology contains punned properties (protegeproject/protege#376)
  • Changed the preferences dialog so that it resizes itself to completely fit on smaller displays (protegeproject/protege#397)
  • Fixed a problem where Protege would crash if annotation values were IRIs that were equal to the ontology IRI and had an empty string rendering. This problem was most notably present with the prov ontology (protegeproject/protege#400)
  • Fixed a problem with the Rules view that threw exceptions when trying to edit rules (protegeproject/protege#398)
  • Fixed a problem where Protege would sometimes display empty error messages (protegeproject/protege#396)
  • Fixed a problem where individuals that were created as direct instances of owl:Thing would not receive the focus after creation (protegeproject/protege#374)
  • Fixed a problem where the right hand side of the entities tab would be greyed out (due to the selection history being cleared) after adding an instance of owl:Thing (protegeproject/protege#379)
  • Fixed a problem where the right hand side of the entities tab would be greyed out (due to the selection history being cleared) after synchronising the reasoner if owl:Thing was the selected class (protegeproject/protege#380)
  • Fixed a problem where the inferred class hierarchy could cause Protege to crash with certain reasoners under certain conditions (protegeproject/protege#403)
  • Changed the behaviour when creating individuals so axioms stating that an individual is an instance of owl:Thing are not added to the ontology (in order to parallel the behaviour of the class hierarchy) (protegeproject/protege#401)

Bundled Plugin Updates

  • Updated Cellfie to 2.0.0
  • Updated the SWRL Tab Plugin to 1.0.3
  • Updated OWLDoc to 3.0.3
  • Updated OntoGraf to 2.0.3
  • Updated OWLViz to 5.0.3

Re: [protege-user] Protege 5.0.0 Release Candidate 1 Available

I think the website text needs updating - the actual link should point to RC1.  I would go ahead and download it and try it.

On 6 May 2016, at 03:40, [hidden email] wrote:

It is still beta,
where please can i find the latest version (stable not beta) for mac os

6. May 2016 10:36 by [hidden email]:

Hello,

Is it possible to download this release adn use Protege 5.0.0 RC1 on an iMac OSX 11 (El Capitan) ?

Yours,

Jean-Louis Janin

> [...]

  • Fixed a problem where the right hand side of the entities tab would be greyed out (due to the selection history being cleared) after adding an instance of owl:Thing (protegeproject/protege#379)
  • Fixed a problem where the right hand side of the entities tab would be greyed out (due to the selection history being cleared) after synchronising the reasoner if owl:Thing was the selected class (protegeproject/protege#380)
  • Fixed a problem where the inferred class hierarchy could cause Protege to crash with certain reasoners under certain conditions (protegeproject/protege#403)
  • Changed the behaviour when creating individuals so axioms stating that an individual is an instance of owl:Thing are not added to the ontology (in order to parallel the behaviour of the class hierarchy) (protegeproject/protege#401)

<Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 11.39.31.png>