Protege 5.0.0 hangs on save file

Tasos Kalogeropoulos
Hi,

I run Protege 5.0.0 on Mac and when I save a file in RDF/XML format then
the application freezes and I have to force quit.The same happens also
when I try to open a .owl file. Does anybody have the same problem?

Regards,
Tasos

Re: Protege 5.0.0 hangs on save file

Chris Mungall-2
Yes, but only when saving to .obo with certain ontologies:

  https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/501

On 15 Aug 2016, at 6:24, Tasos Kalogeropoulos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I run Protege 5.0.0 on Mac and when I save a file in RDF/XML format
> then the application freezes and I have to force quit.The same happens
> also when I try to open a .owl file. Does anybody have the same
> problem?
>
> Regards,
> Tasos

Re: Protege 5.0.0 hangs on save file

Hi Tasos,

Is the ontology located in a directory with a lot of other files (or deeply nested sub-directories)?  If so, this could be caused by this issue:

If this isn’t the case for you, please could you post your ontology to the list so that we could take a look at it?