Protégé 5.0: Debug ontologies

Socrtes
Why when I want to save the changes I made in an ontology I am working on Protégé 5.0 asks me (and practicaly "makes me") to save also a number of "debug_ontologies"?

The problem is annoying, I do not know why I must store this debug ontologies.

When I open them to see what they contain, there are mostly filled with some contents that I defined in my last change [for example: a class I defined as an enumeration of individuals] (but not always).

Sometimes I define new entities in my ontology and I can save just fine without the need to save this debug ontologies.

I have searched in the Protégé wiki to get more information about this type of behaviour without success.

I used to work with protégé 4.3 before and never came accross with this kind of situation.

Additionaly when I start the reasoner in the cmd window after the message "ONtologies processed in [interger number] ms by null the following message appears:

"
Imported ontology document http://git-ainf.aau.at/debug_ontology#[a varying int number] was not resolved to many documents defined in the ontology catalog.

"
I have not imported any ontology with that URI.

Between the message giving the process time duration an the 'Imported ontology document ...' message the protégé windows stays unresponsive for a couple of minutes.

Any help to get more insight about why does this happend would be appreciated.

Thank you

P.D.: I posted the question in StackOverflow 19 days ago and already searched in the Protégé Wiki after any article related to "debug_ontologies" and found none.

Re: Protégé 5.0: Debug ontologies

Rafael Gonçalves
Hi,

Could you post the ontology to the list or privately? It does look like you have some ontology imports. You can verify this in the 'Active Ontology’ tab, in the ‘Ontology imports’ view at the bottom.

The reason you’re asked to save those ontologies is because changes were made to them (rather than your “root” ontology) during the editing session.

Cheers,
Rafael

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 15:39, Socrtes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Why when I want to save the changes I made in an ontology I am working on
> Protégé 5.0 asks me (and practicaly "makes me") to save also a number of
> "*/debug_ontologies/*"?
>
> The problem is annoying, I do not know why I must store this debug
> ontologies.
>
> When I open them to see what they contain, there are mostly filled with some
> contents that I defined in my last change [for example: a class I defined as
> an enumeration of individuals] (but not always).
>
> Sometimes I define new entities in my ontology and I can save just fine
> without the need to save this debug ontologies.
>
> I have searched in the Protégé wiki to get more information about this type
> of behaviour without success.
>
> I used to work with protégé 4.3 before and never came accross with this kind
> of situation.
>
> Additionaly when I start the reasoner in the cmd window after the message
> "ONtologies processed in [interger number] ms by null the following message
> appears:
>
> "
> Imported ontology document http://git-ainf.aau.at/debug_ontology#[a varying
> int number] was not resolved to many documents defined in the ontology
> catalog.
>
> "
> I have not imported any ontology with that URI.
>
> Between the message giving the process time duration an the 'Imported
> ontology document ...' message the protégé windows stays unresponsive for a
> couple of minutes.
>
> Any help to get more insight about why does this happend would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
> P.D.: I posted the  question
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39126439/protégé-5-0-debug-ontologies>
> in StackOverflow 19 days ago and already searched in the Protégé Wiki after
> any article related to "debug_ontologies" and found none.

Re: Protégé 5.0: Debug ontologies

Wolfgang Schmid

This is a bug that is caused by the Ontology Debugger Plugin v.0.1.0_BETA. This plugin has been released on August 2nd 2016 for Protégé 5.0.

The Ontology Debugger is creating and using anonymous ontologies as a working copy of the currently loaded ontology to find inconsistencies/incoherencies in the ontology. Unfortunately, the version v.0.1.0_BETA does not properly clean them up when they are not used anymore by the debugger. Therefore you are asked to save them too.

We are aware of this bad behaviour and the next release 0.1.1_BETA of the plugin should fix this bug and will be released soon.

If you do not need to debug your ontologies you can alternatively uninstall the plugin by removing the jar file "org.exquisite.protege-0.1.0.BETA.jar" from your Protégé's plugins sub-directory and re-start Protégé.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

Re: Protégé 5.0: Debug ontologies

Socrtes
Thank you very much Wolfgang. The thread can be declared as Solved.

Best regards,
Socrates