Protege 5.5.0-beta-9

Campbell, James R

I am running a 64  bit Windows 10 machine with 32 GB memory.   I downloaded the 5.5.0-beta-9 version of Protege, edited run.bat so that Xmx was set at 5GB as I had it for beta-3 and tried to start Protege.  However run.bat errors off with warnings that it could not allocate maximum heap size.  I dialed Xmx down to 2GB and still got the same results.  Advice?

Jim Campbell

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete it and immediately contact the sender.

Re: Protege 5.5.0-beta-9

Hi Jim,

Please could you post the contents of your bat file to the list?

On Feb 16, 2019, at 13:50, Campbell, James R <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Did you receive the run.bat copy?

Jim Campbell

Re: Protege 5.5.0-beta-9

Hi Jim,

I didn’t receive it.  The email is just blank.  Perhaps the list software removed it.

Can you just copy and paste the contents of the bat into an email?

On Feb 19, 2019, at 11:39, Campbell, James R <[hidden email]> wrote:

Did you receive the run.bat copy?
Jim Campbell

Re: Protege 5.5.0-beta-9

I’ve seen the bat in an email outside of this thread.  The 2GB max memory declaration looks good, and, as far as I can tell, the rest of the bat file looks good.  We have upgraded the Java Virtual Machine distributed with Protege, but right now I can’t see how this would alter things.  I’m honestly not currently sure what’s happening on your system.  On MacOS I can happily assign -Xmx to more memory than my system has…

I’m assuming that you’re using the Windows distribution and not the platform independent distribution.  Please can you confirm this?

Also, please could you let me know whether you have this problem with beta-8?  You can get the beta-8 release here: https://github.com/protegeproject/protege-distribution/releases/tag/v5.5.0-beta-8