Protege 5.5 won't run on Window 10

johuma
What is your operating system (e.g., OS X 10.9, Windows 7, etc.)? Window 10
64-bit
What is your Java version? Version 8
What are the specific steps to reproduce the problem? I downloaded
Protege-5.5.0-beta-8, when I extract files and run the batch I get errors
and Protege won't launch.
Are there any error messages in the console window or the log file?

I also get the following Java pop-out error:

What is the observed behavior? Nothing loads I can't open protege.