Protege 5 not running on Windows 8.1

Jessica Turner
Hi all, I'm trying to get the Protege 5 desktop beta to run on Windows 8.1 Pro. I have followed the installation instructions (http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Install_Protege5), confirming I am running Java 7, I unzipped the files etc. But when I click on run.bat, the black command window pops up and goes away so fast I can't see what the error is, and Protege doesn't start.

Does Protege have to be in Program Files?
What else might be causing this?
Thanks,
Jess

Jessica A. Turner, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Psychology and Neuroscience
Georgia State University
Atlanta, GA
(404) 413-6211
web:http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwpsy/turner.html

Associate Professor (Affiliate), Translational Neuroscience
Mind Research Network
Albuquerque, New Mexico
email: [hidden email]