Protege API to Eclipse Project

kumar rohit
Can we add Protege API library to Eclipse? And what will be its advantage if we add it into Eclipse project?
Thanks

Re: Protege API to Eclipse Project

sanju tiwari
yes we can add API librarry like Semantic Web and Jena Library

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:32 PM, kumar rohit <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can we add Protege API library to Eclipse? And what will be its advantage if we add it into Eclipse project?
Thanks

Regards
Sanju Mishra Tiwari
TMU Moradabad

Re: Protege API to Eclipse Project

kumar rohit
This is what I am asking? I have read a master thesis in which the author did it using a JSP file. I have a question why we need it when we can import protege inside jena using read() method.

Do we need it in Web projects?

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Sanju Tiwari <[hidden email]> wrote:

Why you want to add protege api in eclipse project.

On Sep 3, 2015 1:06 PM, "kumar rohit" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you but what is its advantage? I mean we import Protege OWL file inside Jena, however, so what will be the adv of using Protege lib in Eclipse?

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Sanju Tiwari <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes we can add API librarry like Semantic Web and Jena Library

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:32 PM, kumar rohit <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can we add Protege API library to Eclipse? And what will be its advantage if we add it into Eclipse project?
Thanks

Regards
Sanju Mishra Tiwari
TMU Moradabad

Re: Protege API to Eclipse Project

Hello Kumar,

all your questions are totally confusing, the same holds for your questions on the JENA mailing list. To be honest, I do not understand what you're after? Protege is primarily an Java based ontology editor that provides a graphical user interface - underneath it uses indeed APIs like OWL API to process and modify the ontologies.

JSP on the other hand is an technology to build web pages e.g. based on HTML and include Java code. It's totally confusing why you ask for integrating Protege into JSP? IF you want to work on ontologies, you can use the OWL API and integrate that code into your JSP. But again, nobody knows what you're doing and the question is to vague/broad.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

[...]

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: Protege API to Eclipse Project

kumar rohit
Actually I have read a master research paper in which the author designed ontology using Protege and then he used several JSP files to process the ontology and used BEA Weblogic Workshop as IDE.
I want to ask how we can used Protege owl file inside JSP? That author explained nothing in detail.

I hope you understood my opinion. I do not want specifically anything but just want to start a semantic based web development in my future master thesis.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:32 PM, kumar rohit <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
Can we add Protege API library to Eclipse? And what will be its advantage if we add it into Eclipse project?
Thanks

Regards
Sanju Mishra Tiwari
TMU Moradabad

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: Protege API to Eclipse Project

moodamultani
As Lorenz suggested, ontology elements can be accessed using Java-based OWL APIs and the any Java based technology can further use them I guess. In order to update an ontology, again one would need to programme through OWL APIs, AFAIK!

Regards

Mahmood Ahmad
Software Engineering Research Group
Faculty of Environment & Technology
University of the West of England
Bristol B16 1QY, UK.

Sent from my iPhone

On 5 Sep 2015, at 18:44, kumar rohit <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Vincenzo Della Mea
Dear Kumar,
While the most likely answer has already been given by others (OWL API, since JSP pages are part of J2EE it should be easy to integrate), you could link here the paper you read to make it easier to answer further. However, Protege is not an issue here: an OWL file is an OWL file independently on how it has been generated.
Vincenzo

Inviato da iPad

Il giorno 05/set/2015, alle ore 19:45, kumar rohit <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

Biswanath Dutta

I guess, Mr. Kumar wants to develop some Web applications and for that he wants to use OWL Ontology in the back-end.

If the above is true, then Mr. Kumar, you do not have to worry/ think about Protege (Protege is basically an GUI based Ontology Editor, which we use to create an ontology). What matter is here the Ontology. You can create your OWL ontology using Protege, or any other Editor, say, TopBraid. And then call that OWL ontology into your application.

Regards,
Biswanath