Protege Conference Call for Presentations, Tutorials, and Workshops

Protege Conference Call for Presentations, Tutorials, and Workshops

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator

Protege Users,

As you know, the Ninth International Protege Conference will be held July 23-26, 2006 in Stanford, California.

The conference is a forum to discuss ontology development and management, applications using ontologies, common problems and solutions. The conference is also an opportunity for Protege users to meet the Protege team, and to learn about our current activities and plans.

Registration for the Protege Conference will open in March.

The conference will include one day of tutorials and small focused workshops and two and a half days of the main conference. The main program will include presentations, a poster session, and a demo session. Thus, we would like to solicit your contributions for all the events at the conference. You can find the detailed Calls for contributions at the conference Web site: http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2006/.

All events at the conference will address the following topics (the list is not exhaustive):

- ontology development
- frames vs description logic
- standard terminologies
- biomedical applications
- other innovative applications
- interoperability between different formats
- plug-in development
- visualization tools
- project management
- ontology tools
- reasoning and inference

We look forward to your contributions and to seeing as many of you as possible in July!

The Protege Team