Protege Database backedn question

Rob-68

Hi,

We are still using Protege 2.1 so I don't know if anyone will even answer this .
. . but, using the Database backend to Oracle 9i, I am getting the following
stack trace below.

My real question is does Protege 2.1 extend its table by default, if this a bug,
or should write code to extend this table.

Thanks,
Rob

Here is the stack trace.

java.lang.RuntimeException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index
ARC.ARC_CORE_TABLE_I3 by 128 in tables
pace ARC_TS
        at
du.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.DatabaseFrameDb.createRuntimeException
(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.DatabaseFrameDb.setValues
(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.ValueCachingBasicFrameStore.setValues
(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ClosureCachingBasicFrameStore.setValues
(Unknown Source)

A bit off-topic, but still about ontologies

Paulo Maximo

Dear friends:

A group of brazilian researchers has developed
OntoWEB, the first ontology-based search engine.
It´s based on KMAI (Knowledge Management with
Artficial Intelligence), that has XML support.
Is OntoWEB a challenge to Google?
Isn´t, but some features found in OntoWEB were
recently incorporated in Google.

Test it, at www.ontoweb.com.br and tell me your
impressions.

Best regards.

Prof Paulo Maximo, MSc

Re: A bit off-topic, but still about ontologies

artur tupo

As a matter of habit I d not answer on mails like this
but... OK, let's talk... we are colegues anyway.

First ligo is horrible and change it. It has cross and
it reminds on Nazzi symbols.

Results are funny, I searched "where is betty" and I
got best results with documents containing 'where' and
'is',  Betty Williams was 10th...

to be honest even Lucene has better results at
Wikipedia.

OntoWeb is on the long way to be real competition to
anybody.

Have nice time.

--- Paulo Maximo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear friends:
>
> A group of brazilian researchers has developed
> OntoWEB, the first ontology-based search engine.
> It´s based on KMAI (Knowledge Management with
> Artficial Intelligence), that has XML support.
> Is OntoWEB a challenge to Google?
> Isn´t, but some features found in OntoWEB were
> recently incorporated in Google.
>
> Test it, at www.ontoweb.com.br and tell me your
> impressions.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Prof Paulo Maximo, MSc

Re: Protege Database backedn question

R H-2
Yes we still respond to 2.1 questions especially when the problem is oracle not protege:-)

I hope the following 2 urls point you in the right direction to solve ORA-01654:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_alter_autoextend_on.htm
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/51763/0/

Cheers,
Raja