Protege Databases

Thomas Amundsen
Does anyone have experience working with Protégé databases?

I am trying to query slot values of instances and have no idea how to go about this given the back-end format Protégé uses to store ontologies in a database.

If anyone can give me advice on how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Re: Protege Databases

Tania Tudorache

You can use the same methods as the ones for file-based projects. You
can call all methods from the ProtegeAPI (for your case, the Instance
interface) independent of the backend used.

For example, in order to get the slot values for a certain instance, you
call:

    inst.getOwnSlotValues(slot)

This is the JavaDoc for the Instance interface:
http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease_javadoc/edu/stanford/smi/protege/model/Instance.html

Tania

Thomas Amundsen wrote:

>Does anyone have experience working with Protégé databases?
>

>I am trying to query slot values of instances and have no idea how to go about this given the back-end format Protégé uses to store ontologies in a database.
>

>If anyone can give me advice on how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>

>Thanks!

Re: Protege Databases

Kaue Felipe
Hello to all... i´m begining to work whith Protege.

Someone know some place where i can found the DATABASE model of protege? I want to know how it is made... how protege record a istance... etc.

()s

Thomas Amundsen wrote:

>Does anyone have experience working with Protégé databases?
>

>I am trying to query slot values of instances and have no idea how to go about this given the back-end format Protégé uses to store ontologies in a database.
>

>If anyone can give me advice on how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>

>Thanks!

Re: Protege Databases

Tania Tudorache

Felipe,

you can find the documentation for the database schema for Protege here:
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/design/jdbc_backend.html

Tania