Protege Installation Problem

Biswanath Dutta
Dear All,
            I am facing problem in installing "protege 3.2beta" in FC5. I
have downloaded "install_protege.bin". Before protege, I installed "j2sdk
1.4" in /usr/local and I have set-up the JAVA_HOME in /etc/profile. After
this I restarted the system. Now while I am trying to run the
"install_protege.bin", using "sh ./install_protege.bin", it's giving error
message. The messages are,

[root@localhost local]# ./install_protege.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared
object  file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
obj ect file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
obj ect file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
shared ob ject file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object  file: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.4.2-gcj/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries:
libc. so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please someone can sort out my problem.
Thanking you in advance.

With regards,
/Biswanath Dutta

Re: Protege Installation Problem

Hoàng Ngà
I have the same problem with FC5, what i did is download the compressed
version, uncompress and run with java command directly ($JAVA_HOME/bin/java
-jar protege.jar) or similar
Good luck,

On 7/8/06, Biswanath Dutta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>             I am facing problem in installing "protege 3.2beta" in FC5. I
> have downloaded "install_protege.bin". Before protege, I installed "j2sdk
> 1.4" in /usr/local and I have set-up the JAVA_HOME in /etc/profile. After
> this I restarted the system. Now while I am trying to run the
> "install_protege.bin", using "sh ./install_protege.bin", it's giving error
> message. The messages are,
>
> [root@localhost local]# ./install_protege.bin
> Preparing to install...
> Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
> Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
> awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared
> object  file: No such file or directory
> dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared
> obj ect file: No such file or directory
> /bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
> shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
> basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
> dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared
> obj ect file: No such file or directory
> basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
> hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
>
> Launching installer...
>
> grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
> object  file: No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.4.2-gcj/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries:
> libc. so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Please someone can sort out my problem.
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> With regards,
> /Biswanath Dutta

Re: Protege Installation Problem

Hoàng Ngà

That is simple, you download this file
http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease/full/InstData/Java/install_protege.jar

And run $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -jar install_protege.jar

Gook luck,

Cheer,

NGA.