Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference package

Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference package

Romain Bammert
to Matthew Horridge, or anyone with an answer,

Hi,

I recently downloaded Protégé (3.1.1) and the OWL Plugin 2.1 (build 284). I connect Protégé with the reasoner RACER.

on the following page:
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/ReasonerAPIExamples.html
the reasoning API is explained and used with the pizza ontology, but I can't find this reasoning API in my plugins. My question is then: where can I get this plugin ? Do I have to explicitly mention to Protégé to use this application ? Where do I type the code explained in the page ?

Thanks

Best regards

Romain Bammert

RE: [protege-owl] Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference package

jarnold

I am getting similar problems – protégé can’t find any reasoners at all!

John Arnold

[hidden email]

+44 870 906 7664

All rules have exceptions ...

 ... except this one.

Romain Bammert

Re: Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference package

Nick Drummond
Romain,

I'm not clear what you mean by you can't find it. It is part of the
ProtegeOWL plugin.
ProtegeOWL uses this support to connect to a reasoner (when in an owl
project, the reasoner buttons are on the toolbar)
You need a reasoner (racer, fact++, pellet) Do a google search.
To code, you just need to use the libraries in the protege-owl.jar file
(and a java IDE).

Nick

--

Nick Drummond

Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference package

Matthew Horridge
Hi John,

Have you started an external description logic reasoner such as pellet, racer of FaCT++?

On 23 Jan 2006, at 16:46, John Arnold wrote:

I am getting similar problems – protégé can’t find any reasoners at all!

John Arnold

[hidden email]

+44 870 906 7664

All rules have exceptions ...

 ... except this one.

RE: [protege-owl] Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference package

jarnold

I didn’t realise I needed one.  Is there a free reasoner around?  I’m not an academic institution J

John Arnold

[hidden email]

+44 870 906 7664

All rules have exceptions ...

 ... except this one.

Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference package

Hai Wang

Hi John,
You can try
RACER
http://www.sts.tu-harburg.de/~r.f.moeller/racer/
Pallet
http://www.mindswap.org/2003/pellet/download.shtml
or FaCT++
http://owl.man.ac.uk/factplusplus/

Cheers
Hai

On 23 Jan 2006, at 18:33, John Arnold wrote:

> I didn’t realise I needed one.  Is there a free reasoner around?
> I’m not an academic institution J
>

> John Arnold
>
> [hidden email]
>
> +44 870 906 7664
>

> All rules have exceptions ...
>
>  ... except this one.

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

RE: [protege-owl] Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference package

jarnold
Thanks Hai.  I've just tried Pallet, but it doesn't seem to have a DIG
interface - it's just a jar.

John Arnold
[hidden email]
+44 870 906 7664

All rules have exceptions ...
 ... except this one.
RE: [protege-owl] Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference
package

Hi John,
You can try
RACER
http://www.sts.tu-harburg.de/~r.f.moeller/racer/
Pallet
http://www.mindswap.org/2003/pellet/download.shtml
or FaCT++
http://owl.man.ac.uk/factplusplus/

Cheers
Hai

On 23 Jan 2006, at 18:33, John Arnold wrote:

> I didn’t realise I needed one.  Is there a free reasoner around?
> I’m not an academic institution J
>

> John Arnold
>
> [hidden email]
>
> +44 870 906 7664
>

> All rules have exceptions ...
>
>  ... except this one.

Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Re: [protege-owl] RE: [protege-owl] Protégé-OWL Reasoner API : can't find the inference package

Hai Wang
Hi John,
Please download the latest version of Pellet. After downloading,
unzip the folder
and then (on windows) run pellet-dig.bat.
You also need to set the port to 8081 (instead of 8080) in the
protege OWL configure menu. Or you have to  start Pellet on port 8080
(instead of its default port 8081).

regards
Hai