Protégé-OWL-SWRL-Jess interface problem

Lorne Bouchard

Hi there!

Sorry to pester you with an apparently silly question but we have been
searching the web for over a week now and were not unable to find the answer.
We found that the question has been raised before but no answer...

We are trying to get the family.swrl.owl example (Goldbreich) running under
Protege 3.2 (beta) (or 3.1.1 or 3.0) and Jess70b6 (or Jess61p8) (academic).

We keep getting the message :
JessTab: Note that the PAL engine is not currently installed in Protege.
<The JessTab PAL-integration functions are not available.>

Furthermore the Jess console does not respond to input from the keyboard.

We did not find instructions on how to include the PAL engine that fixed the
problem.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

- Lorne

Re: Protégé-OWL-SWRL-Jess interface problem

Tania Tudorache

Lorne,

See below my answers.

Lorne Bouchard wrote:

>We keep getting the message :
>JessTab: Note that the PAL engine is not currently installed in Protege.
><The JessTab PAL-integration functions are not available.>

This is just a warning. The JessTab works also without PAL. However,
even if you have PAL installed, you still get the message, because the
JessTab plugin does not declare in its plugins.properties file the
dependency to PAL plugin. This is fixed in the next beta. If you don't
want to wait until next beta, you can add the following lines to the
plugin.properties file in the JessTab folder from the plugins directory:

plugin.dependency.count=2
plugin.dependency.0=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl
plugin.dependency.1=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.pal_tabs

(If you have other lines about dependecies, please delete them and add
only these ones)

As I said, JessTab works fine also without PAL installed. If you do not
have PAL installed (it is bundeled with the full version of protege),
you can download it from here:
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/paltabs/PAL_tabs.html

>Furthermore the Jess console does not respond to input from the keyboard.

Did you download Jess and copied it into the JessTab directory?
If you still have problems after editing the plugin.properties file,
then please consult the Protege console to see if you get any exceptions
and report them if there are any.

I have just tested the family.swrl
(http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/owl-library/family.swrl.owl)
with JessTab and SWRL and it works perfectly in the latest beta. I am
pretty sure that it should work also for you.

>We did not find instructions on how to include the PAL engine that fixed the
>problem.
>
>Any suggestions ?

I have answered this before. I hope this clarifies you questions.

If you have OWL related questions please post them in future on the OWL
discussion list.

Thanks!
Tania

location for protege plugin packages?

sirisha k
Hi

  I have got a trouble in compiling sample java program using protege project. Though its running perfectecly fine as a stand-alone program with the given instructions. But when I use its code in the servlet its not recognizing the class package:

  import stanford.smi.edu.protege.model.*;

  can anybody tell me the location of the protege (import) class packages so that it can be directly included in the plugins folder of the Protege_Home directory? I would be greatful for this help.

  Thanking you in advance.
  Shirisha