Protege can't manage a quite large ontology written in n-triples

Protege can't manage a quite large ontology written in n-triples

Hjuls
Hi,
I got troubles on loading a quite large ontology( 200 MB) written using n-triples.
In particular, the main problem is that , once the ontology was successfully loaded in Protege, I can't do anything because Protege results blocked.
However, I succeeded to see that, according to the program,  no entity exists.
I have already increase the avalaible memory for the JVM, there's something else I can do to make Protege works?
Thanks in advance

Re: Protege can't manage a quite large ontology written in n-triples

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Is this ontology publicly available? Or could you share this ontology
with us (through a link from where we can download it), so that we can
take a look at what is going on?

In any case, I assume that your assessment of the ontology not having
any entities in it is probably incorrect. What does the ontology has in
its 200MB, if not axioms about entities? I also guess that this ontology
may have a lot of individuals (which are one type of entity, besides
classes, object properties, etc). Also, can you please tell us how much
memory have you assigned to Protege?

Csongor

On 05/12/2017 09:01 AM, Hjuls wrote:

> Hi,
> I got troubles on loading a quite large ontology( 200 MB) written using
> n-triples.
> In particular, the main problem is that , once the ontology was successfully
> loaded in Protege, I can't do anything because Protege results blocked.
> However, I succeeded to see that, according to the program,  no entity
> exists.
> I have already increase the avalaible memory for the JVM, there's something
> else I can do to make Protege works?
> Thanks in advance

Re: Protege can't manage a quite large ontology written in n-triples

Hjuls
Thanks for the reply.
The ontology is avalaible here http://dati.toscana.it/dataset/banca-dati-museo-galileo-strumenti-libri-fotografie-documenti cliclking on "Linked Open Data Museo Galileo di Firenze".
Probably, I have an error in Protege (even if the log file I didn't find it) but after a lot of time passed to processing I succeeded to see only lots of annotations.

Re: Protege can't manage a quite large ontology written in n-triples

Rafael Gonçalves
Hi,

I opened the ontology in Protege, and it showed that there’s an invalid IRI (with a space in it) on line 798545: <http://minerva.atcult.it/rdf/Adami, Roberto>. With that fixed, the ontology loads.

Cheers,
Rafael

> On May 12, 2017, at 10:58, Hjuls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> The ontology is avalaible here
> http://dati.toscana.it/dataset/banca-dati-museo-galileo-strumenti-libri-fotografie-documenti
> <http://dati.toscana.it/dataset/banca-dati-museo-galileo-strumenti-libri-fotografie-documenti>
> cliclking on "Linked Open Data Museo Galileo di Firenze".
> Probably, I have an error in Protege (even if the log file I didn't find it)
> but after a lot of time passed to processing I succeeded to see only lots of
> annotations.

Re: Protege can't manage a quite large ontology written in n-triples

Hjuls
Thanks!
I don't know why I didn't notice the error , but now it works!