Protege error

Ayman
When opening protege  an alarm at the right of the window appears with log AS
attached
Protege_error.txt
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376730/Protege_error.txt>

Re: Protege error

This is generated by the OWL API parser and it arises because the ontology that you’ve loaded uses hasRelation as both an Object Property and an Annotation Property.

> On 7 Feb 2018, at 15:19, Ayman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When opening protege  an alarm at the right of the window appears with log AS
> attached
> Protege_error.txt
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376730/Protege_error.txt>

Re: Protege error

Jim McCusker
About that... Shouldn't the default assumption be that the property is being used as an ObjectProperty in all cases, and the class has been punned as an individual?

Jim

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:24 PM Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is generated by the OWL API parser and it arises because the ontology that you’ve loaded uses hasRelation as both an Object Property and an Annotation Property.

> On 7 Feb 2018, at 15:19, Ayman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When opening protege  an alarm at the right of the window appears with log AS
> attached
> Protege_error.txt
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376730/Protege_error.txt>

Re: Protege error

I’m not sure.  It depends upon various factors and the usage of the property.  If I recall (it’s years ago!), some of this decision was based on the way that the NCI thesaurus used to type all annotation properties as also either data or object properties.  It’s possible that this could be revisited, but I think this discussion is best done on the OWL API list.