Protégé object property drill down does not navigate to the other object(Individual)

Protégé object property drill down does not navigate to the other object(Individual)

madushan
Using Protege to visualize/ read the owl file created from apache jena 3.2.0. I have noticed this behavior when the file is opened from protege.object property drill down does not navigate to the other object from different class when both objects(Individuals) have same name but different

URIs eg :

https://www.got.com/onto/targeriyan#jonsnow

https://www.got.com/onto/stark#jonsnow

PS. URIs are not actual ontology URIs based on the restrictions to provide actual URIs I have noticed an inconsistency in this because navigation seems to work between some objects(Individuals). Using Protege version 5.2.0 . Is this the expected functionality or issue in protege

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45583094/prot%C3%A9g%C3%A9-object-property-drill-down-does-not-navigate-to-the-other-objectindivid

Re: Protégé object property drill down does not navigate to the other object(Individual)

I’m not sure what you mean by “does not navigate to the other object from different class”.  Do you mean when you do a search or using the hyperlink mechanism?

> On 9 Aug 2017, at 08:00, madushan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Using Protege to visualize/ read the owl file created from apache jena 3.2.0.
> I have noticed this behavior when the file is opened from protege.object
> property drill down does not navigate to the other object from different
> class when both objects(Individuals) have same name but different
>
> URIs eg :
>
> https://www.got.com/onto/targeriyan#jonsnow
>
> https://www.got.com/onto/stark#jonsnow
>
> PS. URIs are not actual ontology URIs based on the restrictions to provide
> actual URIs I have noticed an inconsistency in this because navigation seems
> to work between some objects(Individuals). Using Protege version 5.2.0 . Is
> this the expected functionality or issue in protege
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45583094/prot%C3%A9g%C3%A9-object-property-drill-down-does-not-navigate-to-the-other-objectindivid

Re: Protégé object property drill down does not navigate to the other object(Individual)

madushan
we have an owl file which is generated using apache jena v3.2.0. where it has two different individuals generated by two different classes. two different resource URI as well. but with same IRI (ID)

<onto:parent rdf:about="https://www.example.com/onto/parent/jonsnow">
     <predicate:finds>
         <onto:child rdf:about="https://www.example.com/onto/child/jonsnow">
             <onto:familyname>stark</onto:familyname>
             <onto:age>25</onto:age>
         </onto:child>
     </predicate:finds>
</onto:parent>

above is a sample of what we trying to do. Here two individuals would be,

Individual 1 : from class -> onto:parent

<onto:parent rdf:about="https://www.example.com/onto/parent/jonsnow">

ID or short name would be = jonsnow ,

Individual 2 : from class -> onto:child

<onto:child rdf:about="https://www.example.com/onto/child/jonsnow">

ID or short name would be = jonsnow

Object Property : finds

But even though there are two different URIs for these two individuals has the same short name(ID)

when opened in protege it shows the linked relationship using object property "finds" from Individual 1 to Individual 2 . but when we click on the relationship link such as finds : jonsnow it would not navigate to the respective individual. which is supposed to be  "Individual 2". this occurs only if we have rendered by entity IRI short name. It will not happen if we render by Prefixed name. navigation would work fine.
OWL file we have generated is OWL1 . we are using protege 5.2.0

Re: Protégé object property drill down does not navigate to the other object(Individual)

madushan
https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/671
Created this issue to report this behavior

Re: Protégé object property drill down does not navigate to the other object(Individual)

Thanks for the details and for filing the issue.  At the moment I agree with Jim, it sounds like issue #585.

> On 10 Aug 2017, at 08:15, madushan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/671
> Created this issue to report this behavior

Re: Protégé object property drill down does not navigate to the other object(Individual)

madushan
you are welcome.