Protege resolution

Aqualung
On my Windows 10 computer, the size of the Protege font in the taxonomy tab (as well as in any of the Entity tabs) is too small (see screenshot here), which renders Protege basically unusable. I have tried messing with my computer's resolution, as well as with the font size in the renderer preferences, to no avail. Any suggestions on how to make the font bigger?

(For comparison, the screenshot also shows the size of the font in a 100% Chrome windows.)

Christian

Re: Protege resolution

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Christian,

Do you have a high DPI screen set on high resolution, by any chance?

There is a known issue with Java/Swing, when used on high DPI screens.
It was reported that this bug has been fixed in JDK 9, so you may want to use run Protege with JDK 9, to overcome this problem.

For more discussion on this, please check out these issues:
https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/115
https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/251

Csongor

On 09/13/2017 09:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
On my Windows 10 computer, the size of the Protege font in the taxonomy tab (as well as in any of the Entity tabs) is too small (see screenshot here), which renders Protege basically unusable. I have tried messing with my computer's resolution, as well as with the font size in the renderer preferences, to no avail. Any suggestions on how to make the font bigger?

(For comparison, the screenshot also shows the size of the font in a 100% Chrome windows.)

Christian

Re: Protege resolution

semantoya
To overcome this resolution issue I change the resolution on my Surface to
e.g.  1280x800, than start Protégé, and that change back the resolution to
the original values (2736x1824). The resolution of Protégé keeps frozen to a
workable user interfaces.
Maybe this is a 'convenient' workaround.

Re: Protege resolution

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Interesting workaround!
If you have a github account please feel free to add your suggestion to
the related github issues. Otherwise I will mention it myself later, so
that others, who look at the issues may be able to take advantage of
this solution until we will be able to properly address the issue.

Thank you,
Csongor

On 3/17/19 2:54 AM, semantoya wrote:

> Hi,
> To overcome this resolution issue I change the resolution on my Surface to
> e.g.  1280x800, than start Protégé, and that change back the resolution to
> the original values (2736x1824). The resolution of Protégé keeps frozen to a
> workable user interfaces.
> Maybe this is a 'convenient' workaround.

Re: Protege resolution

samsontu
The trick (setting and changing back display resolution) doesn’t work for me.  (Parallels Windows 10, Protege 5.5).

With best regards,
Samson

On Mar 17, 2019, at 10:18 AM, Csongor Nyulas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Interesting workaround!
If you have a github account please feel free to add your suggestion to the related github issues. Otherwise I will mention it myself later, so that others, who look at the issues may be able to take advantage of this solution until we will be able to properly address the issue.

Thank you,
Csongor

On 3/17/19 2:54 AM, semantoya wrote:
Hi,
To overcome this resolution issue I change the resolution on my Surface to
e.g.  1280x800, than start Protégé, and that change back the resolution to
the original values (2736x1824). The resolution of Protégé keeps frozen to a
workable user interfaces.
Maybe this is a 'convenient' workaround.

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Protege resolution

Gennadie
Does not change back will work, I think.