Query for retrieving all classes with object property 'has quality' and sub-class 'hazardous substance - Sparql?

Query for retrieving all classes with object property 'has quality' and sub-class 'hazardous substance - Sparql?

Clarissa Feio
Hello,

In my ontology I have the quality 'hazardous substance', which is then connected to several classes with the object property 'has quality'.

For example:
asbestos 'has quality' hazardous substance
fireworks 'has quality' hazardous substance

I would like to make a query to retrieve all the classes that have the object property 'has quality' hazardous substance.

How can I do this?  Can I do this with either desktop protege or webprotege? Do I need a Sparql query?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Clarissa.

--

Sign up for free access to the latest COVID-19 regulation updates using Libryo's tracking technology. Receive updates directly to your inbox.

Check our live blog for COVID-19 regulation updates and act faster.

Read how to successfully work remotely Work in the time of Coronavirus - Learnings from 4 years being remote

Hello. This email is only for the person it’s addressed to. However, if this email wasn’t addressed to you and you are reading it, then this notice is for you, so please read on. Please delete this email, including its contents and attachments from all of your devices and cloud services and let the sender know. Also, you may not use, rely on or benefit from the information contained in this email in any way and must treat it confidentially. Thank you.

Re: Query for retrieving all classes with object property 'has quality' and sub-class 'hazardous substance - Sparql?

Michael DeBellis-2
So I assume you are using punning since you are asserting property values for classes. You can do it with SPARQL but it is easy to do with just a Description Logic query in the desktop version. Go the the DL Query tab. If you don't see it go to Windows>Tabs>DL Query.  Do a query like:

'has quality'  some 'hazardous substance'

and that should get it for you. Make sure Instances is checked in the box at the right.  Even though you are looking for classes since you are using punning you need to search for the Individuals that correspond to the punned class. Hope that helps.