Querying OWL with SPARQL

Clarissa Feio
Hello,

I am having difficulties in learning how to apply SPARQL to OWL.

I have been trying to find learning resources online, but I unable to find
anything.

How do people learn how to do it if there are no resources?

I would be so very grateful for your help.

Kind regards,
Clarissa.

Re: Querying OWL with SPARQL

Michael DeBellis-2
Just google "sparql tutorial" and you should find a bunch. I was going to just include a couple of URLs but there are several tutorials so I thought better to have you google it and you can pick the tutorial you like best.  When in doubt go with the Apache tutorial,  their stuff is usually good. There is also a good book published by O'Reilly: Learning SPARQL Querying and Updating with SPARQL  Bob DuCharme Although, it's fairly dated now and may not have the most recent improvements, at least my version is dated, there may be more up to date versions.

BTW. keep in mind SPARQL is primarily for the layer below OWL called RDF. I think there are a few of the best SPARQL implementations that include support for OWL semantics but I don't know for sure as I don't use it much.

Michael

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 11:20 AM Clarissa Feio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am having difficulties in learning how to apply SPARQL to OWL.

I have been trying to find learning resources online, but I unable to find
anything.

How do people learn how to do it if there are no resources?

I would be so very grateful for your help.

Kind regards,
Clarissa.

Re: Querying OWL with SPARQL

Don Rolph
Try “Learning SPARQL” by DuCharme from O’Reilly.

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 6, 2019, at 2:20 PM, Clarissa Feio <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am having difficulties in learning how to apply SPARQL to OWL.
>
> I have been trying to find learning resources online, but I unable to find
> anything.
>
> How do people learn how to do it if there are no resources?
>
> I would be so very grateful for your help.
>
> Kind regards,
> Clarissa.

Re: Querying OWL with SPARQL

samsontu
Using SPARQL to query OWL ontologies is like querying RDF, with the following additional points:

1. OWL ontologies’ representation in RDF uses the Turtle serialization. (So save an OWL ontology in turtle syntax to see how OWL constructs such as “p1 some Class1” are represented as RDF graphs.)
2. Different SPARQL query engines implement different RDF 1.1 entailment regimes [1].

With best regards,
Samson

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment