Question about inferences (and maybe SWRL)

Question about inferences (and maybe SWRL)

Alex Masycheff
Sorry, resending with a filled out subject line...

Hi Everyone,

I have another question about inferences. Suppose I have an ontology about printers:

    [class] Features
        [individual] Wi-Fi
        [individual] Printing
        [individual] Scanning
    [class] Issues
        [individual] WiFiAntennaBroken
        [individual] InkLeakage
    [class] Types
        [subclass] Inkjet
            [individual] PrinterAAA
        [subclass] Laserjet
            [individual] PrinterBBB

Now, I created object properties: hasFeature and mightHaveIssue and linked individuals as following:

    [individual] PrinterBBB hasFeature [individual] Wi-Fi
    [individual] Wi-Fi mightHaveIssue [individual] WiFiAntennaBroken

What I'd like to do now is to make the reasoner to infer that PrinterBBB mightHaveIssue  WiFiAntennaBroken.

How should I do it? SWRL rule?

Many thanks,
Alex

Re: Question about inferences (and maybe SWRL)

taha
Hi Alex,

Yes, it is can be done using SWRL rules, i think the following rule might help

Features(?f) ^ Issues(?i) ^ Types(?t) ^ hasFeature(?t, ?f) ^ mightHaveIssue(?f, ?i) -> mightHaveIssue (?t, ?i)

Hope it works.

Re: Question about inferences (and maybe SWRL)

samsontu
You can also use OWL 2 property chain [1].

In protege, make mightHaveIssue a super-property of the composition hasFeature o mightHaveIssue.

With best regards,
Samson
[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-new-features/#F8:_Property_Chain_Inclusion

On Oct 23, 2019, at 12:53 PM, Taha Elsenosy <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Alex,

Yes, it is can be done using SWRL rules, i think the following rule might help

Features(?f) ^ Issues(?i) ^ Types(?t) ^ hasFeature(?t, ?f) ^ mightHaveIssue(?f, ?i) -> mightHaveIssue (?t, ?i)

Hope it works.

Re: Question about inferences (and maybe SWRL)

Alex Masycheff
Hi Taha, Samson,

Thank you very much!

Alex