Question about sub classes

Juan Sequeda
Hi all

I have a small question

I have a class A and class B and C are subclasses of A. How can I
create an instance that is B and C at the same time?

My ontology is about a Research Lab and I have a class that are groups
and two subclasses that are research and development.  A group could
be a research group, a development group or both. So thats why I would
like to know how to create an instance that belongs to both classes.

Thanks for your help

--
Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente
Systems and Computer Engineering Student

"No es bacano... sino Superbacano!"

Re: Question about sub classes

Matthew Horridge
Hi Juan,

> I have a small question
>
> I have a class A and class B and C are subclasses of A. How can I
> create an instance that is B and C at the same time?

You can create an instance of B and then add an extra type of C - the
widget to add extra types is located under the list of individuals.
B and C should of course not be disjoint with each other.

> My ontology is about a Research Lab and I have a class that are groups
> and two subclasses that are research and development.  A group could
> be a research group, a development group or both. So thats why I would
> like to know how to create an instance that belongs to both classes.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> --
> Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente
> Systems and Computer Engineering Student
> Universidad del Valle
> Tel: +57 2 516 2612
> Fax: +57 2 516 2613
> Cel: +57 310 390 1211
> Cali, Colombia
> ICQ: 323562510
> AIM: jfsequeda
> MSN: [hidden email]
> www.superbacano.com
>
> "No es bacano... sino Superbacano!"

Re: Question about sub classes

John Goodwin
Go to the individuals tab. Create an individual for class B. Now go to the "asserted types" panel at the bottom of the screen and use this to add the class C. You should now had and invidual that is of type B and C.

John

http://protege.stanford.edu/community/subscribe.html

.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU
Tel: 023 8079 2000
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

Re: Question about sub classes

Hai Wang
HI Juan,
You can do it by :
go to the Individuals tab, create an instance of B, then assert class
C as the asserted types as well.
Regards
Hai

On 26 Jan 2006, at 04:13, Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a small question
>
> I have a class A and class B and C are subclasses of A. How can I
> create an instance that is B and C at the same time?
>
> My ontology is about a Research Lab and I have a class that are groups
> and two subclasses that are research and development.  A group could
> be a research group, a development group or both. So thats why I would
> like to know how to create an instance that belongs to both classes.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> --
> Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente
> Systems and Computer Engineering Student
> Universidad del Valle
> Tel: +57 2 516 2612
> Fax: +57 2 516 2613
> Cel: +57 310 390 1211