Question of using GraphWidget

zhanjun li

Hi, all
I have a problem when I first time use the Protégé's GraphWidge.
I am using Protégé's graphwidget with the example given on the website: the
"GraphWidgetExample project."
I downloaded and open it in Progete 3.1. I follow the step 1 and 2 to create
the organization_chart, define it
as instance value type with Employee as allowed class and cardinality =
multiple.
Then I moved to step 3 which ask:
1. Navigate to the Forms tab and choose Organization from the Forms list.
2. Select the organization_chart slot and choose GraphWidget from the
Selected Widget Type combo box.
However, the combo box is empty except the first line of "Select a Widget in
the Form Below."

I would apprecaite if anybody could let me know what's wrong?

Thanks,

James

Question of using GraphWidget - followup

zhanjun li

Also, could anybody tell me how to use graphwidege to show the structure of
'classes/concepts' instead of 'instances?'

Thanks,

James

Re: Question of using GraphWidget

Jennifer Vendetti

James,

The "Selected Widget Type" combo box is empty if no slots have been
selected in the Form Editor (on the right-hand side).  Make sure to
click on the organization_chart slot on the Form Editor.  The slot will
have the label "Organization Chart" in the Form Editor.  Once you have
done this, a green border will appear around the slot.  Then, when you
click on the Selected Widget Type combo box, you should see a list of
widget types, including the graph widget.

Jennifer

zhanjun li wrote:

>Hi, all
>I have a problem when I first time use the Protégé's GraphWidge.
>I am using Protégé's graphwidget with the example given on the website: the
>"GraphWidgetExample project."
>I downloaded and open it in Progete 3.1. I follow the step 1 and 2 to create
>the organization_chart, define it
>as instance value type with Employee as allowed class and cardinality =
>multiple.
>Then I moved to step 3 which ask:
>1. Navigate to the Forms tab and choose Organization from the Forms list.
>2. Select the organization_chart slot and choose GraphWidget from the
>Selected Widget Type combo box.
>However, the combo box is empty except the first line of "Select a Widget in
>the Form Below."
>
>I would apprecaite if anybody could let me know what's wrong?
>

>Thanks,
>

>James

Re: Question of using GraphWidget - followup

Jennifer Vendetti

James,

The graph widget is only applicable to visualizing and acquiring
instance data.  If you want to use a visualization tool for looking at
your class structure, I would suggest either the OntoViz Tab, TGViz Tab,
or Jambalaya Tab.  (These are all visualization plug-ins written outside
of Stanford).  Each of them are bundled with the "full" installation of
Protege.  You can learn more about them on our Wiki:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegePluginsLibraryByTopic#nid3QH

Jennifer

zhanjun li wrote:

>Also, could anybody tell me how to use graphwidege to show the structure of
>'classes/concepts' instead of 'instances?'
>

>Thanks,
>

>James

Thank you so much, Jennifer!

James(Zhanjun) Li