RDF property cardinality problem

Lamia
Hi ,

I want to know how can i change the cardinality of an RDF property to single instead of multiple in protégé, it seems to be missing from the properties tab or is it in some other Tab ??

Many Thanks

Lamia Abo Zaid

Re: RDF property cardinality problem

Tania Tudorache

You cannot set cardinalities in RDFS, because the language is not that
expressive. You can do that starting with OWL Lite.

Tania

Lamia Ali wrote:

>Hi ,
>
>I want to know how can i change the cardinality of an RDF property to single instead of multiple in protégé, it seems to be missing from the properties tab or is it in some other Tab ??
>
>Many Thanks
>
>Lamia Abo Zaid

Re: RDF property cardinality problem

Lamia

Hi Tania ,

Thanks for your reply, i'm building an ontology using the FOAF vocabulary
and they seem to have set the cardinality to single, i'm using owl in the
type of ontology i made in protégé but the type of property i made is RDF
property, and the cardinality is set in advance to multiple, so is there a
way to change it to single or should i try to edit the .owl file that
protégé outputs ??

Thanks again

Lamia

> You cannot set cardinalities in RDFS, because the language is not that
> expressive. You can do that starting with OWL Lite.
>
> Tania
>
> Lamia Ali wrote:
>
>>Hi ,
>>
>>I want to know how can i change the cardinality of an RDF property to
>>single instead of multiple in protégé, it seems to be missing from the
>>properties tab or is it in some other Tab ??
>>
>>Many Thanks
>>
>>Lamia Abo Zaid

Re: RDF property cardinality problem

Tania Tudorache

Lamia,

I suppose that when you created your ontology, you selected the "RDF
Schema and OWL" type of ontology. If you created an rdf:Property, you
will see in the Property widget cardinality multiple for your property.
If you double click on the property, you will get a window with the
definition of the property where you can enable the "Functional"
checkbox. This will set the rdf:type of your property to
owl:FunctionalProperty, that has by defintion cardinality single.

Tania