RE: [protege-discussion] [protege-discussion] Protégé VS ProtégéOWL

RE: [protege-discussion] [protege-discussion] Protégé VS ProtégéOWL

Ho, Audrey

Hi Ricardo, Dona -

To that point, the eClassOwl ontology seems to be too large for the Protégé
platform. I'm on Protégé 3.2 beta and was only able to load about 120k
classes before it crashed my computer. There is also a disclaimer on the
website <http://www.heppnetz.de/eclassowl/> indicating that it "exceeds the
capabilities of many current ontology tools (e.g. Jena, Protégé,
vowlidator,...). and it is thus possible, depending on the configuration of
your system, that trying to load the files into such a tool will crash your
system!".

Does anyone have any advice on working around this?

Thanks,

Audrey.