RE: [protege-owl] Re: open .owl file in protégé 3.1

RE: [protege-owl] Re: open .owl file in protégé 3.1

Susana Ferreiro
I enclose the file, I can´t open it... it's still a lot of errors.
Regardas.
Susana Ferreiro

Susana Ferreiro Del Río
Dept. Procesos de Fabricación  Manufacturing Processes Dept.
http://www.tekniker.es <http://www.tekniker.es/>  http://www.wearcheckiberica.es <http://www.wearcheckiberica.es/>
TEKNIKER
Otaola 20 · P.O. Box 44
20600 EIBAR · Gipuzkoa · Spain
Tel.: +34.943.206.744
Fax: +34 943 202757
Mezu honen informazioa isilpekoa izan daiteke eta indarrean dagoen legediak babesten du. Hutsegite baten ondorioz jaso baduzu, bidal iezaiozu berriro bidaltzaileari eta ezaba ezazu. Milesker zure laguntzagatik.
La información de este correo puede ser confidencial y está protegida por la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este correo por error, reenvíelo a su emisor y elimínelo. Gracias por su ayuda.
This e-mail may contain confidential information that is protected by our laws. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please, notify the sender and delete it. Thank you for your help.

Re: [protege-owl] LinkProperty? Was - Re: open .owl file in protégé 3.1

Almut Herzog
Anyone knows what a LinkProperty is and where it is documented?
My only link is this
http://www.mindswap.org/2004/multipleOnt/tutorial/TutorialText.html
which seems to be what you are referring to, too.

Have you tried using Swoop instead of Protege? Maybe the mindswap guys
talk to each other :-)

/Almut

Susana Ferreiro wrote:
> I enclose the file, I can´t open it... it's still a lot of errors.
> Regardas.
> Susana Ferreiro

When I open the file, I get an exception that points to something with
an Individual. When I then click the exception away, I see an ontology
in Protege, and there is only one individual call rConceptual_Part_Of

This "individual" is defined as follows in your owl file:
<owl:LinkProperty rdf:about="http://...#rConceptual_Part_Of">
  <owl:foreignOntology rdf:resource="http://www.mindswap.org/Ontology3"/>
</owl:LinkProperty>

and is used like this in many statements:
    <owl:Restriction>
      <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="http://...#rConceptual_Part_Of" />
      <owl:someValuesFrom>
        <owl:Class rdf:about="http://...#Asia">
        </owl:Class>
      </owl:someValuesFrom>
    </owl:Restriction>

Protege thinks a link property is a class but it is used as a property.
Maybe the ontology uses a new OWL feature that Protege does not understand.