Re: Celllife Plugin use in Java

Martin O'Connor-2

See the other Cellfie thread at the moment for someone who is also looking to write a standalone Java application using Mapping Master.

As mentioned in that thread, I will try to write a standalone Mapping Master example application and publish it in a GitHub repo (much like I have done with the SWRLAPI [1]).

Martin

> On Jun 30, 2017, at 1:35 PM, shirin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hello,
>
> I have to import large excel file in ontology. I used cellife plugin in
> protege. but problem is that protege cannot open large excel file in
> celllife workbook panel. So, I splitted the csv file into more than 500 file
> and this is so time consuming to import every file using protege
> application.
>
> Is there anyways, I can use celllife plugin in JAVA or another code. My aim
> is to write code in java which loop all the excel data and data would be
> imported into ontology using cellife plugin in my code.
>
> thanks in advance

Re: Celllife Plugin use in Java

Martin O'Connor-2

I have created a rough-and-ready example of a Java application that uses the Mapping Master API to read a spreadsheet and execute a Mapping Master expression against that spreadsheet.

The repo is here:

The relevant code is here:

There are some rough edges here because the API was never fully cleaned up for public consumption. However, the provided example should provide a decent starting point.

Martin

shirin
Thanks..It is very helpful for me.

Re: Celllife Plugin use in Java

shirin
hi Martin,

I want to add all the axiom which are generated from spreadsheet using own mapping expression in
 my existing ontology. I can display the axiom using this code. but problem is when I want to add axiom in ontology. Could you please provide the code to add axiom in existing ontology.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Celllife Plugin use in Java

Martin O'Connor-2

You will need to use standard OWLAPI methods to add the rendered OWL axioms to the source ontology, e.g.,

        ontologyManager.addAxioms(ontology, renderedOWLAxioms);

I have extended the example to show this addition process.

Martin

shirin
Thanks martin. It is working.

Re: Celllife Plugin use in Java

Martin O'Connor-2

Great. Let me know if you have any problems.

Martin