Re Class labels as instances of a new class, in an ontology ?

Re Class labels as instances of a new class, in an ontology ?

Jean-Louis JANIN
Hello Matthew,

In the project of a bilingual stratified lexicon of water related texts
and data (lexeau® project), I am using the class names of generic an
typed entities of the water domain (first introduced as instances of the
class, prefixed CG or CT) as instances of 'Conceptual unit', prefixed
CU, which may be transferred as stratified pivot lexical units (class
'Groundwater body' as an example).

I am looking for some way to generate automatically in 2 distinct tables
the names of the generic and typed entities of the water domain, to make
this label transfer more easy, using direct (and reverse) relations at
each step of the transfer process.

Jean-Louis Janin

Groundwater body.png (336K) Download Attachment

Re: Re Class labels as instances of a new class, in an ontology ?

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Jean-Louis,

Matthew and I tried hard to figure out what you are trying to achieve, but despite our best efforts we weren't able to.

There are many things that are not clear, for example, what are "stratified pivot lexical units", what do you mean by generic and typed entities, what are CG and CT standing for (I see only one instance in your screen shot whose name is prefixed with TC, not CT), what do you mean by label transfer, etc?

Can you give us an abstract example?
Alternatively (or in addition to it) can you share your ontology with us, and explain in concrete terms what would you like to see happening?

Csongor