Re: FW: Datatype Properties in Protege 4.1

Re: FW: Datatype Properties in Protege 4.1

Timothy Redmond

I suspect that this is because I neglected to explain myself well enough.  The problem with the previous owl api jar file is that it forced the type of facet values to be a string even if they needed to be an integer.  So when you made your pizza, there were datatype restrictions such as integer[>= 700].  The previous version of the OWL API forced these to be integer[>= "700"] which does not make sense.  Unfortunately in your pizza ontology, you still have the malformed integer[>= "700"] data restrictions and you need to fix these before you can get a result that can be run through the reasoner.

I just tried to fix this with your previous ontology.  But I tried the fix in a text editor which is not recommended even for an expert.   I got into trouble.  If I were to do this again - this suggestion is showing a limitation of the tools - I would find the data restrictions using a text editor (search for string) and fix them using Protege 4.1.

-Timothy

Blank nodes in Protégé

Evain, Jean-Pierre

Hello there.

I am trying to write a blank node with Protégé but actually can’t make it

How can I do something like with a property not having a resource for range but a label? The following has been hard encoded ;-( but can’t find the trick to do this using the Protégé GUI.

ebu:ITM528229

    a ebu:Resource ;

    ebu:hasUsageTerms [

        rdfs:label """

Agency common from GBAPTN andor GBRTV andor USCBSN.<br/>Access only for Eurovision Members and Sub-licensees with relevant agency contracts.

"""].

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

Re: Blank nodes in Protégé

Timothy Redmond
On 04/27/2011 08:05 AM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:

Hello there.

I am trying to write a blank node with Protégé but actually can’t make it

The closest thing to a blank node in OWL 2 is an anonymous individual.  Unfortunately, at the moment, you are right: Protege has no editing facilities for anonymous individuals.  There is a gforge for this [1] and I have actually investigated it a bit recently.

-Timothy

[1] http://goo.gl/FVzEW

How can I do something like with a property not having a resource for range but a label? The following has been hard encoded ;-( but can’t find the trick to do this using the Protégé GUI.

ebu:ITM528229

    a ebu:Resource ;

    ebu:hasUsageTerms [

        rdfs:label """

Agency common from GBAPTN andor GBRTV andor USCBSN.<br/>Access only for Eurovision Members and Sub-licensees with relevant agency contracts.

"""].

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

RE : Blank nodes in Protégé

Evain, Jean-Pierre
Hi Timothy,

I believe that would be good if you good do it.

Yes other tools like TopBraid seem to suggest that it is an anonymous individual but even though hard to make it. Anyway, Protégé is much more intuitive and I hope you'll be able to address this is a forthcoming update.

Another comment... I am using Protégé to generate RDF schemas and example for the W3C community. I am getting some comments like 'protégé adds to many spurious comments, etc.'. Maybe it would be good to generate just pure RDF/XML.

I am also more and more using Turtle as it is easier to make conversion from XML using XSLT. Surprisingly I tried to reopen a Turtle file generated by Protégé but couldnt' as the format wasn't recognised??

Please take these as constructive comments. I like Protégé ;-)

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

________________________________

Re: RE : Blank nodes in Protégé

Timothy Redmond

> Another comment... I am using Protégé to generate RDF schemas and example for the W3C community. I am getting some comments like 'protégé adds to many spurious comments, etc.'. Maybe it would be good to generate just pure RDF/XML.

Hmm... this is an owl api issue.  I will see if I can generate an owl
api bug tracker for this (and create a preference to choose to suppress
comments).

> I am also more and more using Turtle as it is easier to make conversion from XML using XSLT. Surprisingly I tried to reopen a Turtle file generated by Protégé but couldnt' as the format wasn't recognised??

I tried this on the pizza ontology and it seemed to work fine.  If you
can send me the ontology that has this problem then - with a little luck
- I can try to post a bug report to the OWL api web page.

> Please take these as constructive comments. I like Protégé ;-)

Always!  Thanks for the input - I try to be responsive to requests but
sometimes it is hard to keep up.  I will look into this.

-Timothy

On 04/27/2011 11:44 AM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:

> Hi Timothy,
>
> I believe that would be good if you good do it.
>
> Yes other tools like TopBraid seem to suggest that it is an anonymous individual but even though hard to make it. Anyway, Protégé is much more intuitive and I hope you'll be able to address this is a forthcoming update.
>
> Another comment... I am using Protégé to generate RDF schemas and example for the W3C community. I am getting some comments like 'protégé adds to many spurious comments, etc.'. Maybe it would be good to generate just pure RDF/XML.
>
> I am also more and more using Turtle as it is easier to make conversion from XML using XSLT. Surprisingly I tried to reopen a Turtle file generated by Protégé but couldnt' as the format wasn't recognised??
>
> Please take these as constructive comments. I like Protégé ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Jean-Pierre
>
> ________________________________
> De : [hidden email] [[hidden email]] de la part de Timothy Redmond [[hidden email]]
> Date d'envoi : mercredi, 27. avril 2011 20:25
> À : [hidden email]
> Objet : Re: [p4-feedback] Blank nodes in Protégé
>
> On 04/27/2011 08:05 AM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> I am trying to write a blank node with Protégé but actually can’t make it
>
> The closest thing to a blank node in OWL 2 is an anonymous individual.  Unfortunately, at the moment, you are right: Protege has no editing facilities for anonymous individuals.  There is a gforge for this [1] and I have actually investigated it a bit recently.
>
> -Timothy
>

> [1] http://goo.gl/FVzEW
>

> How can I do something like with a property not having a resource for range but a label? The following has been hard encoded ;-( but can’t find the trick to do this using the Protégé GUI.
>

> ebu:ITM528229
>
>      a ebu:Resource ;
>
>      ebu:hasUsageTerms [
>
>          rdfs:label """
>
> Agency common from GBAPTN andor GBRTV andor USCBSN.<br/>Access only for Eurovision Members and Sub-licensees with relevant agency contracts.
>
> """].
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
>

> Jean-Pierre

RE : RE : Blank nodes in Protégé

Evain, Jean-Pierre
Timothy,

Apparently the Turtle problem comes from some of the individuals.

When I have time I'll go through it one by one to see what it doesn't like and report back.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

De : [hidden email] [[hidden email]] de la part de Timothy Redmond [[hidden email]]
Date d'envoi : mercredi, 27. avril 2011 21:20
À : [hidden email]
Objet : Re: [p4-feedback] RE :  Blank nodes in Protégé

> [...]

> The closest thing to a blank node in OWL 2 is an anonymous individual.  Unfortunately, at the moment, you are right: Protege has no editing facilities for anonymous individuals.  There is a gforge for this [1] and I have actually investigated it a bit recently.
>
> -Timothy
>

> [1] http://goo.gl/FVzEW
>

> How can I do something like with a property not having a resource for range but a label? The following has been hard encoded ;-( but can’t find the trick to do this using the Protégé GUI.
>

> ebu:ITM528229
>
>      a ebu:Resource ;
>
>      ebu:hasUsageTerms [
>
>          rdfs:label """
>
> Agency common from GBAPTN andor GBRTV andor USCBSN.<br/>Access only for Eurovision Members and Sub-licensees with relevant agency contracts.

This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.
If you have received this email in error,
please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email
message has been swept by the mailgateway

Re: RE : RE : Blank nodes in Protégé

Evain, Jean-Pierre
Timothy,

I have now identified the problem about Turtle.

It is effectively a problem of instance and more specifically the incompatibility of Turtle with Curie !!

I did some research on "turtle and Curie" and discovered that the same problem has been identified in the RDFa group in W3C. No solution yet. Just at the stage of stating the problem.

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre

De : [hidden email] [[hidden email]] de la part de Timothy Redmond [[hidden email]]
Date d'envoi : mercredi, 27. avril 2011 21:20