Re: MEDINFO workshop August 26

samsontu
(Also posted to [hidden email])

Hi Jim,

On Aug 7, 2019, at 1:55 AM, Campbell, James R <[hidden email]> wrote:

Samson
Protege team
I and several colleagues are planning a workshop on the 26th of August in Lyon at MEDINFO demonstrating and discussing a unified terminological model for US healthcare terminologies.  We have loaded a SNOMEDCT-RXNORM-LOINC-NPU ontology which is an OWL file running at 550MB.  With 8GB Xmx and 4GB Xms I can get it to load but it struggles along.  I am worried that workshop participants are going to have all kinds of trouble.  For the workshop we will need search and DL Query functionality to be workable.

Do you think you can provide the functional platform we need with web Protege and could a dozen users be hitting the instance with reasonable performance?

I think your best bet is to created a reduced set of the SNOMEDCT-RXNORM-LOINC-NPU ontology for your workshop.

WebProtege doesn’t support the DL reasoning that DL query relies on and therefore is unlikely to satisfy your requirement.

(Maybe others have better ideas.)

With best regards,
Samson

Jim Campbell
University of Nebraska Medical Center

Co-presenters:
Daniel Karlsson Health Board of Sweden
Olivier Bodenreider NLM
Dion McMurtrie DigitalHealth Australia
Kin Wah Fung NLM

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete it and immediately contact the sender.

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: MEDINFO workshop August 26

rhausam
Hi, Jim,  I'm wondering if you might want to try setting up a cloud server with more processors and a lot more RAM, which may be able to provide sufficient performance?  You'll likely be needing it only intermittently, so the cost could be reasonable.

Rob

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 10:07 AM Samson Tu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Robert Hausam, MD
+1 (801) 949-1556