Re: OWL/SWRL Loading problem

Matthew Horridge
Hi Bob,

Please could you upgrade to the latest beta (the one release earlier
this week) and let me know if the problem persists.

Cheers!

Matthew

On 19 Jan 2006, at 03:01, Bob wrote:

> Matthew Horridge <matthew.horridge <at> cs.man.ac.uk> writes:
>

>> Hi Bob,
>>

>> I will take a look at this.  Please can you let me know what
>> owl:imports URI
> for the SWRL ontology you are using?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matthew
>>

>> Has anyone else run into this problem and if so, how did you get
>> around it?
>>    If I have an ontology that (either directly or through another
>> import)
> imports SWRL, I can open it in Protégé; however, if I then try to
> import
> another ontology into the open Protégé session that also imports
> SWRL, I fail
> with the following error:
>>  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate frame name:
> http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrl.owl
>>
>>  Similarly, if I try to open an ontology that imports two
>> ontologies that
> both import SWRL, I get the same error.   Any help/suggestion/
> advice will be
> greatly appreciated as I'm stuck until find a way past this.
> THANKS...
>>   Bob
>>

> Hi Matthew,
>
> Thanks so much for looking at this problem. I very much appreciate it.
>
> Here is all the info I have.
>
> Best,
>
> Bob
> -------------
>
> Protege version: Protege 3.1.1
> Owl plugin version is (I think -- taken from OWLProfiles.owl): 0.1
> (24.11.2004)
>
> SWRL URIs:
> http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrl.owl
> http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrlb.owl
>
> I believe these uri's come from importing swrl through protege.
>
> I'm also trying to use owl-s, and I notice that one of the relevant
> files
> has
> the following entry, which has a different uri for swrl:
>
> <!DOCTYPE uridef[
>   <!ENTITY rdf "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns">
>   <!ENTITY rdfs "http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema">
>   <!ENTITY owl "http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl">
>   <!ENTITY xsd "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>   <!ENTITY kif "http://logic.stanford.edu/kif/kif.html">
>   <!ENTITY swrl "http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrl">
>   <!ENTITY drs "http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/generic/
> drs.owl">
>   <!ENTITY expr
> "http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/generic/Expression.owl">
>   <!ENTITY DEFAULT
> "http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/generic/Expression.owl">
> ]>

Re: OWL/SWRL Loading problem

Jesús Prieto
Hi Matthew,

I have found a similar problem: I have got an ontology that imports swrl.owl
and defines some SWRL rules, and a plugin that imports my ontology to edit
other ontologies, resulting in the fact that every SWRL rule from the root
ontology do not appear. The reason is that unexpectedly Protégé change
"swrl" namespace prefix in my first ontology to prefix "j.0" for every SWRL
element. This way, the last ontology has not way to know that SWRL rules
(which are of the type <j.0:Imp>...</j.0:Imp>) are actually SWRL rules, so
they are not shown in the rules table of SWRL tab.
The only way I have found to solve it is manually editing (via a
conventional text editor) the ontology, replacing "j.0" by "swrl".

Regards, Jesus.

> Please could you upgrade to the latest beta (the one release earlier  this
> week) and let me know if the problem persists.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Matthew
>
> On 19 Jan 2006, at 03:01, Bob wrote:
>
>> Matthew Horridge <matthew.horridge <at> cs.man.ac.uk> writes:
>>

>>> Hi Bob,
>>>

>>> I will take a look at this.  Please can you let me know what
>>> owl:imports URI
>> for the SWRL ontology you are using?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Matthew
>>>

>>> Has anyone else run into this problem and if so, how did you get  around
>>> it?
>>>    If I have an ontology that (either directly or through another
>>> import)
>> imports SWRL, I can open it in Protégé; however, if I then try to  import
>> another ontology into the open Protégé session that also imports  SWRL, I
>> fail
>> with the following error:
>>>  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate frame name:
>> http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrl.owl
>>>
>>>  Similarly, if I try to open an ontology that imports two  ontologies
>>> that
>> both import SWRL, I get the same error.   Any help/suggestion/ advice
>> will be
>> greatly appreciated as I'm stuck until find a way past this.    THANKS...
>>>   Bob
>>>

>> Hi Matthew,
>>
>> Thanks so much for looking at this problem. I very much appreciate it.
>>
>> Here is all the info I have.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Bob
>> -------------
>>
>> Protege version: Protege 3.1.1
>> Owl plugin version is (I think -- taken from OWLProfiles.owl): 0.1
>> (24.11.2004)
>>
>> SWRL URIs:
>> http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrl.owl
>> http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrlb.owl
>>
>> I believe these uri's come from importing swrl through protege.
>>
>> I'm also trying to use owl-s, and I notice that one of the relevant
>> files
>> has
>> the following entry, which has a different uri for swrl:
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE uridef[
>>   <!ENTITY rdf "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns">
>>   <!ENTITY rdfs "http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema">
>>   <!ENTITY owl "http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl">
>>   <!ENTITY xsd "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>>   <!ENTITY kif "http://logic.stanford.edu/kif/kif.html">
>>   <!ENTITY swrl "http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrl">
>>   <!ENTITY drs "http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/generic/ drs.owl">
>>   <!ENTITY expr
>> "http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/generic/Expression.owl">
>>   <!ENTITY DEFAULT
>> "http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/generic/Expression.owl">
>> ]>

[protege-owl] Re: OWL/SWRL Loading problem

Bob-57
The problems is still there Mathew. This is what we got from Protege folks at
Stanford. In sharing this, I am hoping you may have some suggestions.. perhaps
where the correct URI for SWRL?

"It seems that the incorrect URIs for
SWRL are imported. There is also confusion about which SWRL URIs are
"the correct ones". We have contacted the SWRL people and waiting to get
an answer from them."

I am also really interested if you have a different URI for SWRL than the two
I have. The URIs were posted previously (too ugly to repost) but I can if
you'd like me to.

Thanks so much,

(still stuck) Bob!

[protege-owl] Re: OWL/SWRL Loading problem

Martin O'Connor

I got an email from the SWRL people today and hope to have the issues
resolved soon.

The SWRL OWL file is currently being loaded from by the SWRL code in
Protege-OWL:

http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/swrl.owl

However, the base URI of this file is:

http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrl

Ideally, swrl.owl would be at

http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrl.owl

but there is no file there at the moment.

Instead the 'canonical' version of swrl.owl is here on the W3 site:

http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/SUBM-SWRL-20040521/swrl.owl

I have requested that it be moved to

http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrl.owl

which should fix the problem.

I'm hoping this will happen in the next few days.

Martin