Re: [Obi-devel] problem with property axioms

Re: [Obi-devel] problem with property axioms

Daniel Schober
Dear all, hi Mathias,
This definitely looks like a Protege owl artefact. Its nothing to do with OBI, as I get it in DebugIT and Biotop as well. I have forwarded your question to the Protege owl list.
Cheers, Daniel Schober

Re: [Obi-devel] problem with property axioms

Timothy Redmond

I am not positive what the question is but it is true that stating that
topObjectProperty is an inverse of itself is a bit too obvious to
include.  I will look into removing this inference from the displayed
inferences.

-Timothy

On 02/28/2012 01:47 PM, Daniel Schober wrote:

> Dear all, hi Mathias,
> This definitely looks like a Protege owl artefact. Its nothing to do with OBI, as I get it in DebugIT and Biotop as well. I have forwarded your question to the Protege owl list.
> Cheers, Daniel Schober

Looking at the question right at the bottom of this thread, it doesn't seem like anything is wrong.  According to the semantics of OWL, topObjectProperty is the inverse of itself.  Whether you want this displayed or not is another issue.  Also, bottomObjectProperty is always interpreted as the empty set, i.e. unsatisfiable (compare it to owl:Nothing), which is why it appears in red.

On 29 Feb 2012, at 08:37, Timothy Redmond wrote:

> I am not positive what the question is but it is true that stating that topObjectProperty is an inverse of itself is a bit too obvious to include.  I will look into removing this inference from the displayed inferences.
>
> -Timothy
>

> On 02/28/2012 01:47 PM, Daniel Schober wrote:
>> Dear all, hi Mathias,
>> This definitely looks like a Protege owl artefact. Its nothing to do with OBI, as I get it in DebugIT and Biotop as well. I have forwarded your question to the Protege owl list.
>> Cheers, Daniel Schober

>>> "[hidden email] :[hidden email].