Re: Ontology Repository

Bob-57
Reinstalling does not seem to change anything at all. Does anyone else have a
different experience?

Thanks,

Bob

Re: Ontology Repository

Nick Drummond
Bob, if you have installed 3.2 repositories should now be available.
Please make sure any win shortcuts/file associations are updated to use
the new version.

Nick

Bob wrote:

>Reinstalling does not seem to change anything at all. Does anyone else have a
>different experience?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bob

Nick Drummond

uninstalling_for_build241

Ronnie Valkky
Hi,

I uninstalled previous Protege OWL version to install the new version 3.2.
build 241.
Uninstallation did not delete folder f:\sw\Protege_3.2_beta and it's
subfolder \logs.
Is that ok?

Cheers,
Ronnie

installing_build241

Ronnie Valkky

I installed Protege version 3.2. build 241.
Installation program found all Java virtual machines (VM) in my workstation
ok.
I selected the VM in folder f:\sw\j2sdk-1_5, not the one in h:\j2sdk1.4.2 .

Could installation software be based on a reasoner or smart logic so that
it could select the proper Java VM automatically ?

In my case the wrong choice would have been to tell installer to use Java VM
in h:\j2sdk1.4.2.

More generally this boils down to know which versions you need from each
software component
to have a working system for you and to get support to it !?

Installation went ok and build 241 is working fine, thanks guys!

Cheers
Ronnie

OK_build241_Tools_Generate_OWLDoc

Ronnie Valkky

works fine & nice job,
thanks to whoever has done this software!

cheers,
Ronnie

Re: installing_build241

Rinke Hoekstra-3
Hi Ronnie,

The trouble is, I can rename my jdk to anything I'd like. There are
surely ways to identify the JDK from its signature etc. but this process
might be unreliable. I would therefore rather select the VM of my choice...
In any case, less experienced users would probably download the version
with its own VM anyway... they won't get the choice.

Cheers,

        Rinke

Ronnie Valkky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed Protege version 3.2. build 241.
> Installation program found all Java virtual machines (VM) in my workstation
> ok.
> I selected the VM in folder f:\sw\j2sdk-1_5, not the one in h:\j2sdk1.4.2 .
>
> Could installation software be based on a reasoner or smart logic so that
> it could select the proper Java VM automatically ?
>
> In my case the wrong choice would have been to tell installer to use Java VM
> in h:\j2sdk1.4.2.
>
> More generally this boils down to know which versions you need from each
> software component
> to have a working system for you and to get support to it !?
>
> Installation went ok and build 241 is working fine, thanks guys!
>
> Cheers
> Ronnie

--------------------------------------
Rinke Hoekstra         [hidden email]
T: +31-20-5253499    F: +31-20-5253495
Leibniz Center for Law,    Law Faculty
University of Amsterdam,   PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,    The Netherlands

Which jdk am I using?

Robert Futrelle
How does one find out which jdk Protege is using? I'm not sure why
top shows no jvm running when Protege is running.  I guess the two
are deeply intertwingled.

My OS X runtime is 1.5.0_06-93.

  - Bob
Robert P. Futrelle      | Biological Knowledge Laboratory
    Associate Professor  | College of Computer  and Information
                         |     Science MS WVH202
Office: (617)-373-4239  | Northeastern University
Fax:    (617)-373-5121  | 360 Huntington Ave.
[hidden email]    | Boston, MA 02115
          http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/futrelle
   http://www.bionlp.org   http://www.diagrams.org

           http://biologicalknowledge.com
        mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Which jdk am I using?

Ronnie Valkky
Hi Bob,

I have in Win XP Protege 3.2_beta build 241 installed in  folder
F:\sw\Protege_3.2_beta
the folder F:\sw\Protege3.2beta\logs contains file protege_0.log which tells
jdk as follows:
2006.01.24 09:57:28.781 EET CONFIG: Protege 3.2 Build 241, JVM 1.5.0_05-b05,
memory=99M, Windows XP, encoding=UTF-8, language=en, country=US --
SystemUtilities.logSystemInfo()

Also when I start Protege it calls java.exe and displays the information
showing which jdk it is using.

When I installed Protege installation program did find all java VMs I was
using.
However, I had to tell it which JVM to use and this is one point where
mistakes are being done.

Also when using Protege and Help for example it tells the build version but
not JVM it is using, it could ?

Hopefully this helped.

Cheers
Ronnie

> How does one find out which jdk Protege is using? I'm not sure why
> top shows no jvm running when Protege is running.  I guess the two
> are deeply intertwingled.
>
> My OS X runtime is 1.5.0_06-93.
>
>   - Bob
> Robert P. Futrelle      | Biological Knowledge Laboratory
>     Associate Professor  | College of Computer  and Information
>                          |     Science MS WVH202
> Office: (617)-373-4239  | Northeastern University
> Fax:    (617)-373-5121  | 360 Huntington Ave.
> [hidden email]    | Boston, MA 02115
>           http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/futrelle
>    http://www.bionlp.org   http://www.diagrams.org
>
>            http://biologicalknowledge.com
>         mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Which jdk am I using?

Hai Wang
Hi Bob,
You can run the protege by using the run_protege.applescript script
in the Protege installation
directory. Or you can set the 1.5 to be the default JRE.  You can do
it by starting
/Applications/Utilities/Java/J2SE 5.0/Java Preferences, go to the
"General Tab", locate "Java Application Runtime
Settings", and drag the J2SE 5.0 line so that it is first in the list.
Once this change is made you can use the standard Mac Protege
application launcher.
Regards
Hai

On 24 Jan 2006, at 17:25, Robert Futrelle wrote:

> How does one find out which jdk Protege is using? I'm not sure why
> top shows no jvm running when Protege is running.  I guess the two
> are deeply intertwingled.
>
> My OS X runtime is 1.5.0_06-93.
>
>  - Bob
> Robert P. Futrelle      | Biological Knowledge Laboratory
>    Associate Professor  | College of Computer  and Information
>                         |     Science MS WVH202
> Office: (617)-373-4239  | Northeastern University
> Fax:    (617)-373-5121  | 360 Huntington Ave.
> [hidden email]    | Boston, MA 02115
>          http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/futrelle
>   http://www.bionlp.org   http://www.diagrams.org
>
>           http://biologicalknowledge.com
>        mailto:[hidden email]
> subscribe.html

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

Re: uninstalling_for_build241

Nick Drummond
You can delete these by hand.
Or leave it - as long as they are empty.

Nick

Ronnie Valkky wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I uninstalled previous Protege OWL version to install the new version 3.2.
>build 241.
>Uninstallation did not delete folder f:\sw\Protege_3.2_beta and it's
>subfolder \logs.
>Is that ok?
>
>Cheers,
>Ronnie