Re: Re : Protegé owl and protegé frame

Timothy Redmond

Does someone has tutorial for protege frame 3.4.4?
the current tutorial is only about files in protege frame format.

There is documentation both at [1] and [2].  This document includes documentation for Protege Frames and Protege OWL.

-Timothy

[1] http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users.html
[2] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege3UserDocs

prefixs with rdfs:label

Madani,Sina

Is there a way to visualize prefixes when rendering with rdfs:label in Protégé? It seems somehow prefix only appears when ontology is rendered by rdfs:id?

Thanks

Sina

Re: prefixs with rdfs:label

Thomas Russ

On Jun 16, 2010, at 12:06 PM, Madani,Sina wrote:

> Is there a way to visualize prefixes when rendering with rdfs:label
> in Protégé? It seems somehow prefix only appears when ontology is
> rendered by rdfs:id?

Prefixes for rdfs:label don't make sense.  The value of rdfs:label is
a string, and strings don't have any namespace associated with them.
If you want a prefix in the rdfs:label, then you need to put it in the
string itself.

rdfs:id, in contrast is a URI and thus has a namespace.

Re: prefixs with rdfs:label

Tania Tudorache
No, you can't. If you use rdfs:label, Protege will not show the prefixes.

You can implement your own BrowserSlotPattern that would implement this behavior, but this is not supported in the distribution.

Tania

On 06/16/2010 12:06 PM, Madani,Sina wrote:

Is there a way to visualize prefixes when rendering with rdfs:label in Protégé? It seems somehow prefix only appears when ontology is rendered by rdfs:id?

Thanks

Sina

Re: prefixs with rdfs:label

Matthew Horridge
Hi Sina,

You might want to consider Protege 4 where there is some basic support for this. We found that we needed this for one of our projects.  There are some minimal docs here:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege4NamingAndRendering

On 16 Jun 2010, at 21:23, Tania Tudorache wrote:

> No, you can't. If you use rdfs:label, Protege will not show the prefixes.
>
> You can implement your own BrowserSlotPattern that would implement this behavior, but this is not supported in the distribution.
>
> Tania
>

> On 06/16/2010 12:06 PM, Madani,Sina wrote:
>> Is there a way to visualize prefixes when rendering with rdfs:label in Protégé? It seems somehow prefix only appears when ontology is rendered by rdfs:id?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sina

Re: prefixs with rdfs:label

Madani,Sina

I am importing two ontologies into the third main one and trying to create equivalent classes from the imported ones. It is really hard by looking only at the ids (and not the labels) to make associations between classes in ontologies. I am defining my classes as class-1, class-2,.. with appropriate labels

I'd like to declare in my Core (3rd) Ontology:  ontology1:SeverChestPain equivalent ontology2:ChestPain and hasSeverity only Severe

Any workaround? What does 'Render entities using annotation values with prefixes" option do in Protégé 4 under Renderer tab?

Thanks
Sina
On Jun 16, 2010, at 12:06 PM, Madani,Sina wrote:

> Is there a way to visualize prefixes when rendering with rdfs:label
> in Protégé? It seems somehow prefix only appears when ontology is
> rendered by rdfs:id?

Prefixes for rdfs:label don't make sense.  The value of rdfs:label is
a string, and strings don't have any namespace associated with them.
If you want a prefix in the rdfs:label, then you need to put it in the
string itself.

rdfs:id, in contrast is a URI and thus has a namespace.

Re: prefixs with rdfs:label

Madani,Sina
Thank you Mattew,
It seemed this will solve my problem but apparently it does not include the selected prefix in combination with selected annotation (rdfs:label)