Re: Visualize Protege Individuals

John Alsterda
Thanks Samson & Michael for your suggestions.  I'll try them.

I don't need to visualize in Protege, so maybe a 3rd party program will work, Samson.

The Individuals Matrix is nice, Michael, but I think I want a web like OWLViz which includes classes and individuals... Still in early concept phase here, so my idea of what's best maybe change.  I don't anticipates thousands of Individuals, but certainly in the hundreds.

On another note, I wonder if there's a way for Inverse Object properties to trade Domains and Ranges? For example, if I encode property "published" to have domain "author" and range "article," and then create a new property "published_by" as the Inverse of "published," it would make sense for author and article to port over to 'published_by.'

Respectfully, John

Re: Visualize Protege Individuals

Jacek Grzebyta
Try that project :

It consists of two parts: First one is an executable jar to convert ontology into customized json format. Than web page able to render the preprocessed file.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018, 23:38 John Alsterda, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

That should be inferred automatically by the reasoner. I'm attaching a small Car ontology I've used in the past to demo things like this. If you look at the object property hasOwner it has inverse ownsCar. Before you run the reasoner the domain and range of hasOwner are declared as Car and Customer but the domain and range of ownsCar are not described. After you run the reasoner the domain and range of ownsCar have been inferred to be Customer and Car. If that's not happening it's probably due to the settings of your reasoner. Go to Reasoner>Configure  The default is that not all those boxes are checked. One box is "Inverse" under Object properties and most likely if you aren't seeing this that box wasn't checked. I usually check all the boxes and then start to uncheck things if needed, i.e., if I have a large and complex ontology where running the reasoner is starting to take some time.

Michael

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 3:38 PM, John Alsterda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Samson & Michael for your suggestions.  I'll try them.

I don't need to visualize in Protege, so maybe a 3rd party program will work, Samson.

The Individuals Matrix is nice, Michael, but I think I want a web like OWLViz which includes classes and individuals... Still in early concept phase here, so my idea of what's best maybe change.  I don't anticipates thousands of Individuals, but certainly in the hundreds.

On another note, I wonder if there's a way for Inverse Object properties to trade Domains and Ranges? For example, if I encode property "published" to have domain "author" and range "article," and then create a new property "published_by" as the Inverse of "published," it would make sense for author and article to port over to 'published_by.'

Respectfully, John

CarExample.owl (34K) Download Attachment