Re: last bit of non-macishness in p4

Nick Drummond
I don't have the "pleasure" of word.
What is the semantics of "Open" vs "Place"?

Nick

2008/10/30 Alan Ruttenberg <[hidden email]>
Should be a different menu item then. Compare Microsoft word open versus place.
-Alan
On 10/30/08, Nick Drummond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It doesn't replace the contents of the current window - it loads the
> ontology into the current set of ontologies.
> Nick
>
> 2008/10/26 Alan Ruttenberg <[hidden email]>
>
>> When opening a new document, just open in a new window. Don't ask to
>> replace the contents of the current window.
>>
>> Best,
>> Alan

Re: last bit of non-macishness in p4

Alan Ruttenberg-2
Open opens a new document. Place inserts a document, say an image,
into the current document.
I think you could have Open to mean the usual thing, and a second item
"Add ontology.." to add an ontology to the front window.
-Alan

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Nick Drummond
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't have the "pleasure" of word.
> What is the semantics of "Open" vs "Place"?
> Nick
>
> 2008/10/30 Alan Ruttenberg <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Should be a different menu item then. Compare Microsoft word open versus
>> place.
>> -Alan
>> On 10/30/08, Nick Drummond <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > It doesn't replace the contents of the current window - it loads the
>> > ontology into the current set of ontologies.
>> > Nick

Re: last bit of non-macishness in p4

Bijan Parsia-3
Thus, "Place" is the wrong name for the current behavior. An
"ontology set" isn't an object in Protege (i.e., that you can save),
it's more akin to a tab in a web browser.

I'm not thrilled with the current scoping of ontologies (e.g., in
move/extract), but I think adding more menu items is not a good
solution. Better to leave it as is.

Cheers,
Bijan.