Re: owl export causes null pointer exception

Re: owl export causes null pointer exception

Paul Warner
I found the problem.  I had changed a name of a class, but it was not updated internally.  When I closed the application and later reopened it, I got an error message that a class did not exist (the old name of my edited class).  I then shut the application again and reopened the project, (that's all, the class was nowhere to be seen in my project) and then it saved and updated the change.  And it worked.  I could export to owl again.

Best regards,
Paul

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:25 PM, Paul Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Something I have done has broken my Protege 3.5 project.  I was able to export to owl, but then today I made some changes in order to link some inverse slots, and now I cannot export to owl anymore.  I have searched the web for similar problems, but not (yet) found any useful information.  I have attached a zip of my project files...

Thanks for any tips!

Best regards,
Paul

2014.01.22 12:16:11.957 CET WARNING: No ProjectView registered for project test2_ohneInstanzen -- ProtegeUI.getProjectView()
2014.01.22 12:16:29.839 CET SEVERE: Exception caught -- java.lang.NullPointerException
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.storage.ProtegeSaver.getNewCls(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.storage.KnowledgeBaseCopier.getNewCls(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.storage.ProtegeSaver.getNewCls(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.storage.KnowledgeBaseCopier.getNewInstance(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.storage.KnowledgeBaseCopier.createInstances(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.storage.KnowledgeBaseCopier.run(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.export.JenaExportPlugin.exportProject(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.export.JenaExportPlugin.handleExportRequest(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.exportProjectRequest(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.action.ExportPluginAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)