Re: why is p4 wasting real-estate?

Nick Drummond
How would we decide where to wrap if its not just at every instance of a given token?

Could you show me your preferred rendering of the expression?

If you were coding you would wrap at particular tokens, given your preferred coding style.
I don't think we've got the resources to allow customisation of expression building style, but I could add it to the list.

Nick

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Alan Ruttenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
That gets rid of line feeds if they are present, but doesn't make the decision where the linefeed are inserted in the first place.
-Alan

On Jul 2, 2008, at 11:19 AM, Nick Drummond wrote:

Its all done in the org.protege.editor.owl.ui.renderer.OWLCellRenderer.

wrap = true by default.
I think wrap = false will just cause no wrapping at all.

Nick

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Alan Ruttenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
In general, yes, but it should adapt to the size of the window.
As you can see, in this case, it hurts readability.
Would it be possible to expose the setting for the maximum width? Availability in a plist would be fine.
In the mean time, if you happen to remember where this is done in the code, a pointer would save me a bit of time finding it.

Best,
Alan

On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:35 AM, Nick Drummond wrote:

It was decided that wrapping with indenting helped readability of expressions.

Nick

Re: why is p4 wasting real-estate?

Alan Ruttenberg-2

On Jul 15, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Nick Drummond wrote:

How would we decide where to wrap if its not just at every instance of a given token?

Pretty printing is hard, I am told, in the general case. In the shortest term if the width of the view can fit the expression without line breaks, then I'd get rid of them.  I will give some more thought to the general case.
-Alan

[...]

Inconsistent ontology

Simon Jupp
Can we have a better error message for an inconsistent ontology, a pop
up would be good?
Cheers,
Simon