Regarding query response time using SWRLAPI in eclipse

Regarding query response time using SWRLAPI in eclipse

Neha Sood

Dear users

I have a query regarding query response time of SWRLAPI  integrated web application. I have successfully integrated SWRLAPI 2.0.6, owlapi4.1.3,swrlapi-drools engine 2.0.6 in my JAVA 8 Code in ECLIPSE-Oxygen 4.7.3a IDE. I have developed the test ontology in Protege 5.2. Its a web application, so i have deployed this web application in Tomcat v7.0 in Eclipse.

Now, when i query from Java code, the query response time is around 2 secs which is very high. My system configuration is Window 10, RAM 16 GB and Processor intel core i5. I wish to know if other users are also having similar latency or this response time could be improved with some configuration changes at software level. Since, i think hardware configuration is good enough to run simple queries in eclipse

Thanks and Regards,

Neha

Re: Regarding query response time using SWRLAPI in eclipse

RazaSyed
can you please share how you integrated all these i am a beginner to this

Thanks raza

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 at 11:15 AM, Neha Sood <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks

Best Regards

Syed Muhammad Raza

Re: Regarding query response time using SWRLAPI in eclipse

Neha Sood
Yup,
To start with, you can download the SWRLapi -example from this link https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi-example. Here, martin has given very basic example to start with. Follow the steps and develop a Maven Project. For further understanding of various API functions, you can get good information from https://github.com/phillord/owl-api/blob/master/contract/src/test/java/org/coode/owlapi/examples/Examples.java.. Author has very beautifully explained all functions.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 1:16 PM Razi Syed <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Martin,
My ontology is  small as the metrics are shown in an attachment. That is why , i was thinking of query performance, since i have to add more instances, but with this query performance, system will slow down more.

ontology_metrics.JPG (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Regarding query response time using SWRLAPI in eclipse

Martin O'Connor-2
OWL-based reasoning is being performed when SQWRL queries are being evaluated, which can be time consuming. (In the case of the SWRLAPI, and OWL 2 RL-based reasoner [1] is used.) Unless you add tens of thousands of instances, the query time should not increase significantly beyond the current number you are seeing.

Martin

[1] http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-849/paper_31.pdf