Reification in Protege

Raufie,  Djamila

Hello,

I have made ontology of stomach parts with many properties. I need to do
the reification of this ontology in Protege. How can I make this
reification in Protpge?. Should I use RDF with truple (Subject,
Predicate and Object)?. How can I apply this truple in Protoge? I need
an answer please.

Best wishes.

Jamila Raufie

Re: Reification in Protege

Tania Tudorache
Jamila,

modeling of n-ary relationships and reified relationships is very well
described in a working draft of the Semantic Web Best Practices working
group:
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/

The paper describes several patterns and examples that can help you with
the modeling.
Tania

Raufie, Djamila wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have made ontology of stomach parts with many properties. I need to do
>the reification of this ontology in Protege. How can I make this
>reification in Protpge?. Should I use RDF with truple (Subject,
>Predicate and Object)?. How can I apply this truple in Protoge? I need
>an answer please.
>
>Best wishes.
>
>Jamila Raufie

Re: Reification in Protege

Paul S Prueitt

another approach to modeling n-aries is suggested.

Do you assume that the reification of your ontology can be done in one of
Protege's vocabularies?

Are you looking for implied information that is not explicit in your model
already?

When you say, "I have made ontology of stomach parts"; did you develop this
ontology in RDF?

Raufie, Djamila wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have made ontology of stomach parts with many properties. I need to do
>the reification of this ontology in Protege. How can I make this
>reification in Protpge?. Should I use RDF with truple (Subject,
>Predicate and Object)?. How can I apply this truple in Protoge? I need
>an answer please.
>
>Best wishes.
>
>Jamila Raufie

AW: Re: Reification in Protege

Raufie,  Djamila
Hello Tania

thank you very much for the paper and for your E-mail!!!!

Djamila