Relating multiple ontologies? "TBOX", "ABOX", multiple files, etc.

Relating multiple ontologies? "TBOX", "ABOX", multiple files, etc.

BassMan123
I have a task to "map" a few related class-hierarchies to each other.  Essentially, we have a few similar database-models, and need to "harmonize" them.  The emphasis is on the taxonomy aspects (TBOX: classes/entities).

Say, for example, I had 3 similar data-models describing the information used within a major organization.  All 3 try to cover the entire organization, but they use different terms, and modeled the organization *quite* differently.  Hence the problem.

In general, does anyone have any tips re:
* Doing the "mapping" between the 3 data-models at the TBOX (class/entity) or ABOX (property) level?
* Having everything in a single file, or having multiple files (ontologies)?