Requirements Survey for a Scalable Approach to Collaborative Ontology Alignment

Requirements Survey for a Scalable Approach to Collaborative Ontology Alignment

Supun Dewaraja

Hello All,

(Apologies for cross posting)

As an undergraduate  student of the university of Westminster I am currently researching on building a scalable approach to collaborative ontology alignment. The aim of this project is to use a crowd sourcing approach to ontology alignment. Considerations will also be made as to how to motivate the public to take part in ontology alignment. Furthermore the scalability(number of people, number of concepts) of the solution to the internet as a whole rather than a specific expert group of knowledge engineers is also investigated.

The questionnaire contained in the link below is a short survey to gather the requirements for this approach.

http://ecustomersurvey.com/dsm/ViewSurvey.do?id=d23138e6-ac89-4e6c-9f43-bc91c11ab433

Please complete the survey as your feedback will be invaluable to the construction of this approach. Any other comments are also welcome regarding the aim outlined above. (Please mail comments to supdeva at gmail dot com)

Thanks and Regards,

Supun Dewaraja.

Checking domains and ranges with SPARQL

Leyla Jael García Castro
Hello everybody,

I need to check domains and ranged with SPARQL but I am not sure about the right way to do it. It could be with SWRL as well, in case it is not possible with SPARQL. I am not sure whether this is the right forum for this, when it is not, could you please advice me some SPARQL and SWRL forum?

I would like to do something like this:

IF EXISTS (?range a prefix:QuantitativeValue) AND
    EXISTS (?dom prefix:level ?range) AND
    NOT EXISTS (?dom a prefix:Product) THEN {
      RETURN ?dom
    }

In SPARQL it would be:

PREFIX prefix:<http://abc.com/ontology#>
SELECT *
WHERE {
    ?range a prefix:QuantitativeValue .
    OPTIONAL { ?dom prefix:level ?range .
      ?dom a prefix:Product } .
    FILTER (!bound(?dom))
}

And the triplets I am using to test it are:

  <prefix:BusinessEntity rdf:ID="ElectronicsCom">
    <prefix:offers>
      <prefix:QuantitativeValue rdf:ID="QuantitativeValue_1"/>
    </prefix:offers>
  </prefix:BusinessEntity>

Since this "?range a prefix:QuantitativeValue" matches but this not "?dom prefix:level ?range", it returns "QuantitativeValue" and it would be right if the predicate would be "level" which is not.

Anyone could point me on the rigth direction?

Best,

LJ