Quantcast

Rule editor and SPARQL query

Dipali

Hello,

In my ontology, I have class  “Item” and “BarCode”.(Developed in Protege5.1)

 Snapshot below shows class instances.

  http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4667854/0/image002.jpg                http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4667854/1/image006.jpg

Object property is “hasBarcode”   .It says Item hasBarcode.

I want to create rule as as Bar code  6879.2 is  equivalent to (1000.9 and XYZ1234) means if any item has barcode 6879.2 - it should get replace by the item numbers having barcode 1000.9and XYZ1234 when I run reasoner and run my query.

I created rule using Rule editor (Rule editor (Window -> Views -> Ontology views -> Rules) )

I used Pellet as reasoner (version 2.2.0) and wrote the SPARQL query to get Item and Barcode data… but  cannot see the above rules inference  in ontology.

Below is snap shot of my query:

I cannot see Item 4 getting replace by Item 5 and Item1.

Is it something I am missing or rule very specific to instance will not work with SWRL and SPARQL together?

 Thanks,
Dipali

image008.jpg (28K) Download Attachment

Re: Rule editor and SPARQL query

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Dipali,

Please send your question only to one mailing list, the most appropriate one, which, in this case, is the Protege Users mailing list, as this is not a Protege software development related question.

See my answer to your question there.

Csongor