Rules in SWRLTab now have ontology prefix

Rules in SWRLTab now have ontology prefix

Michael DeBellis-2
I was just updating an ontology for the new version of SWRL and I noticed that all my rules now have the name of the ontology prefixed to each  name. So for example, my first rule now looks like:

untitled-ontology-122:SequentialProcess(?sp) ^ untitled-ontology-122:durationInWorkHours(?stp, ?spd) ^ untitled-ontology-122:hasStartProcess(?sp, ?stp) -> untitled-ontology-122:durationFromStart(?stp, ?spd)

In View I have "Render by Entity IRI short name" selected. I tried changing that to "Render by label" but that didn't seem to make a difference.

However, I tried loading another ontology I have with rules but that one didn't have the ontology prefix. The only difference I can think of that might be effecting this is that the process ontology (the one giving me unusual behavior) has a rule that is defined using OWL DL. That rule is defined in the Rules view since the SWRLTab currently doesn't handle DL. In the Rules view I don't see the ontology prefix on any of the rules.

The rules are still working. I've attached the ontology.

SWRLProcessTutorialFinal-V1-2.owl (86K) Download Attachment

Re: Rules in SWRLTab now have ontology prefix

Martin O'Connor-2

Your ontology maps the prefix untitled-ontology-122 to the default ontology namespace (see below), which is why the SWRLTab is using this prefix when rendering your OWL entities in the default namespace. Remove this prefix mapping and everything should be peachy.

Martin

<?xml version="1.0"?>
     xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
     xmlns:swrlb="http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrlb#"
     xmlns:swrl="http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrl#"

On Jun 28, 2017, at 1:29 PM, Michael DeBellis <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Michael
<SWRLProcessTutorialFinal-V1-2.owl>_______________________________________________

Re: Rules in SWRLTab now have ontology prefix

Michael DeBellis-2
Martin, thanks! that fixed it.

I'm virtually certain that I didn't add any declarations like that myself.  Any idea how that might have happened? Does it have anything to do with moving ontologies from one location to another (e.g., from my hard drive to being hosted via Google drive so others can access it)?

I notice that in the directories where I store ontologies there is always a catalog-v001.xml file that gets generated and I've never known what that file was for and if it might cause problems taking an ontology under one directory and hosting it somewhere where no such catalog file exists such as on my google drive.

Any ideas on what I did wrong to cause this would be appreciated but anyway it's working now, thanks again.

Michael

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

It is possible that a bug in an earlier version of the SWRLTab caused this prefix to be inserted.

Does it have anything to do with moving ontologies from one location to another (e.g., from my hard drive to being hosted via Google drive so others can access it)?

Moving the files should not have any effect.

I notice that in the directories where I store ontologies there is always a catalog-v001.xml file that gets generated and I've never known what that file was for and if it might cause problems taking an ontology under one directory and hosting it somewhere where no such catalog file exists such as on my google drive.

Matthew can likely give more details, but this file is there primarily for optimization purposes.

Martin