Running WebKit in a P4 pane?

Rich Morin
I'm wondering how hard it would be to run WebKit (or some
other modern layout engine) in a P4 pane.  Specifically,
I'm interested in using JavaScript visualization libraries
such as D3:

  http://d3js.org/
  https://github.com/mbostock/d3/wiki/Gallery

Looking at the online docs, I don't see any indication
of what UI infrastructure P4 uses.  Help?

-r

These links may be relevant:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8331335/webkit-in-java-application
  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2492540/webkit-browser-in-a-java-app

 --
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm            Rich Morin
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     [hidden email]

Software system design, development, and documentation

Re: Running WebKit in a P4 pane?

Timothy Redmond

Protege 4 uses Swing.

-Timothy

On Jun 10, 2012, at 21:55, Timothy Redmond wrote:
> Protege 4 uses Swing.

Hmmmm.  There doesn't seem to be a clear path from Swing
to WebKit.  I found a hint that it could be be done using
Qt Jambi and the Swing Bridge, but there's no indication
that anyone has ever done this.  Sigh.

Following an entirely different path, I see that WebProtege
has just had a 2.0 Beta release.  Once the code is actually
released, this might be interesting to play with.

-r