SAve As TTL or RDF format in Protege 5.2.0

SAve As TTL or RDF format in Protege 5.2.0

natalia iglesias
Hello,
I am using Protege 5.2.0 and try to save an existing ontology in owl format
to ttl or rdf. The menu that pops up  when I select the SAve As option is
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr1.jpg> .
Then Another window appears asking target location
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr2.jpg> , notice
that it only shows OWL file as possibility

After completing the target destination,a file in the target location should
have extension .ttl but has an .owl extension
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr3.jpg>

If I edit the newly created file in an editor I see turtle format
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr5.jpg>

I then change the extension of the exported "turtle" file with wrong .owl
extension to a valid .ttl extension. When I open the .ttl file in
topbraidcomposer, I get an error
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr4.jpg> . I then
double checked and opened the .ttl file in protege and also get a format
error  <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr6.jpg>

Is there any known issue in the Save As option with Protege 5.2.0? Am I
doing something wrong? I need to save the ontology in RDF or TTL format for
SPIN.

Thanks in advance
Natalia Iglesias

Re: SAve As TTL or RDF format in Protege 5.2.0

Hi Natalia,

Are you able to post your ontology to the list or point us to a place where we can download it?  It’s hard to determine what’s going on with just the screenshots.  If you’d prefer to send me the ontology privately then feel free to do that.

> On 29 May 2018, at 06:10, natalia iglesias <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I am using Protege 5.2.0 and try to save an existing ontology in owl format
> to ttl or rdf. The menu that pops up  when I select the SAve As option is
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr1.jpg> .
> Then Another window appears asking target location
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr2.jpg> , notice
> that it only shows OWL file as possibility
>
> After completing the target destination,a file in the target location should
> have extension .ttl but has an .owl extension
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr3.jpg>
>
> If I edit the newly created file in an editor I see turtle format
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr5.jpg>
>
> I then change the extension of the exported "turtle" file with wrong .owl
> extension to a valid .ttl extension. When I open the .ttl file in
> topbraidcomposer, I get an error
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr4.jpg> . I then
> double checked and opened the .ttl file in protege and also get a format
> error  <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376324/pr6.jpg>
>
> Is there any known issue in the Save As option with Protege 5.2.0? Am I
> doing something wrong? I need to save the ontology in RDF or TTL format for
> SPIN.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Natalia Iglesias

Re: SAve As TTL or RDF format in Protege 5.2.0

natalia iglesias
Hi Matthew
I just sent you the original owl file to your email address
Thanks a lot
Natalia

Re: SAve As TTL or RDF format in Protege 5.2.0

brandonnodnarb
Was this ever resolved?  I'm having the same issue.