SPARQL Query

mbikinyi brat

Dear,

I wish to use SPARQL in querying my ontology in Protege 4. I cannot find SPARQL in protege 4, how do I invoke SPARQL please and gets it working?

Re: SPARQL Query

Rinke Hoekstra-4
Hi,

SPARQL is an RDF query language, while Protege 4 internally uses a
native OWL format (based on the structural syntax of OWL 2). You will
not be able to query an ontology in P4 using SPARQL as P4 simply
doesn't have an internal representation of the RDF/OWL structure of
the ontology.

-Rinke

On 13 aug 2008, at 15:53, mbikinyi brat wrote:

> Dear,
> I wish to use SPARQL in querying my ontology in Protege 4. I cannot
> find SPARQL in protege 4, how do I invoke SPARQL please and gets it
> working?
>
>  Regards,

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: [hidden email]    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands

Re: SPARQL Query

Bijan Parsia-3
On Aug 13, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Rinke Hoekstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> SPARQL is an RDF query language, while Protege 4 internally uses a
> native OWL format (based on the structural syntax of OWL 2). You will
> not be able to query an ontology in P4 using SPARQL as P4 simply
> doesn't have an internal representation of the RDF/OWL structure of
> the ontology.

Actually, I think you will be able to at some point. Matthew and the
C&P folks have been talking about adding conjunctive query handling
to the OWL API. Surface syntax matters much less.

Cheers,
Bijan.