SPARQL Update in OWLAPI

obada
This post was updated on .
how can I run SPARQL updates in OWLAPI 3? which SPARQL engine/API can work with OWLAPI?

Pellet is suggesting a way to perform SPARQL Queries, but it is not for triple patterns.

The updates I will be using are as simple as:
PREFIX wine: <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/PR-owl-guide-20031209/wine#>
INSERT DATA {
    wine:MountadamRiesling wine:hasBody "Lite" .
}

Re: SPARQL Update in OWLAPI

Lorenz Buehmann
Obada,

you were asking now on several platforms and mailing list. Something to
make clear:

OWL API is not for SPARQL as it works on axiom level.

Pellet reasoner does not support SPARQL update, only SPARQL queries when
using JENA API. They have in fact a triple store, called StarDog, which
supports SPARQL natively.

For SPARQL, there are other APIs like JENA and Sesame and work on the
triple level.

Lorenz
On 13.09.2014 17:54, obada wrote:

> how can I write and run  SPARQL updates
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-update/>   in OWLAPI 3? which SPARQL
> engine/API can work with OWLAPI?
>
> Pellet is suggesting  a way
> <http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/faq/owlapi-sparql/>   to perform SPARQL
> Queries, but it is not for triple patterns.
>
> The updates I will be using are as simple as:
> PREFIX wine: <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/PR-owl-guide-20031209/wine#>
> INSERT DATA {
>      wine:MountadamRiesling wine:hasBody "Lite" .
> }

Re: SPARQL Update in OWLAPI

obada
Thanx Lorenz.

Is there any other way to update/ manipulate OWL ontologies in OWL API?

On 13 Sep 2014, at 19:51, Lorenz Bühmann [via Protege Project] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Obada,

you were asking now on several platforms and mailing list. Something to
make clear:

OWL API is not for SPARQL as it works on axiom level.

Pellet reasoner does not support SPARQL update, only SPARQL queries when
using JENA API. They have in fact a triple store, called StarDog, which
supports SPARQL natively.

For SPARQL, there are other APIs like JENA and Sesame and work on the
triple level.

Lorenz
On 13.09.2014 17:54, obada wrote:

> how can I write and run  SPARQL updates
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-update/>   in OWLAPI 3? which SPARQL
> engine/API can work with OWLAPI?
>
> Pellet is suggesting  a way
> <http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/faq/owlapi-sparql/>   to perform SPARQL
> Queries, but it is not for triple patterns.
>
> The updates I will be using are as simple as:
> PREFIX wine: <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/PR-owl-guide-20031209/wine#>
> INSERT DATA {
>      wine:MountadamRiesling wine:hasBody "Lite" .
> }

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/SPARQL-Update-in-OWLAPI-tp4661443p4661444.html
To unsubscribe from SPARQL Update in OWLAPI, click here.
NAML

Re: SPARQL Update in OWLAPI

Pavel Klinov
Your question is trivially answered if you visit the OWL API page [1].
The OWL API is a Java library specifically built for manipulating OWL
ontologies. There are a number of code example and a tutorial which
explain in detail how to manipulate OWL ontologies.

Cheers,

Pavel

[1] https://github.com/owlcs/owlapi/wiki/Documentation

PS. Lorenz: there's no such thing as StarDog :) The system is called
Stardog. We've been wondering for a very-very long time (pretty much
since the first beta releases) why people call it StarDog and why that
is so sticky.